This Creamy Tomato Sauce is one amazing homemade tomato pasta sauce. With only a few minutes of prep time, and then letting it simmer for all the amazing flavors to blend, this Creamy Tomato Sauce will soon become a staple in your house I am sure!
Creamy Tomato Sauce
To make this homemade Creamy Tomato Sauce is such an amazing creamy pasta sauce. I don’t know what it is exactly with a creamy tomato sauce but it is just so good!
You are going to want to have pasta cooked al dente to serve this amazing Creamy Tomato Sauce over. You can opt for either Homemade Pasta or boxed pasta. Either one will make for an amazing dinner!
You will be able to make this homemade tomato sauce in under an hour. It is a great recipe to make extra batches of and then store in the freezer for quick dinners.
This creamy tomato sauce tastes just like it came out of a chef’s kitchen! Which of course is perfect since we are here to help you make amazing meals in your kitchen that tastes like they were prepared by a chef!
To make this Homemade Tomato Sauce you need the following:
When cooking in the kitchen you also want to make sure that you have a really good knife set, I personally love my Calphalon Precision Self-sharpening knife set.
How to Make Creamy Tomato Sauce
creamy tomato sauce
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until soft and light golden brown about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the oregano and carrot, and cook 5 minutes more, until the carrot is soft. Add the tomatoes and juice and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Pour in the cream and season with salt.
- Cook your pasta while your sauce is finishing cooking. Strain pasta when it is done cooking.
- Top the pasta with the sauce and garnish with the basil leaves and cheese.
8 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving on the Freestyle Program.
Looking for More Amazing Pasta Sauces? Check these out!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.