This Tuscan Sun dried tomato sauce is amazing, it is perfect anytime you are wanting an amazing pasta sauce. Made with simple ingredients this easy homemade pasta sauce is bursting with flavors and perfect for your pasta dinner!
Tuscan Sun Dried Tomato Pasta Sauce
This homemade sun-dried tomato pasta sauce is perfect for a night when you need a quick meal. Throw the pasta on the stove and cook the sauce while the pasta boils and dinner will be done in under 20 minutes!
Pasta is my kids favorite meal. They would be thrilled if I made pasta with sauce every night for dinner. If I always made the same sauce then things would get super boring at our dinner table so I love to change up the pasta sauces that we enjoy when we have pasta for dinner.
A few years ago I made this Tuscan Sun Dried Tomato Pasta Sauce for the first time and the kids devoured it. This easy homemade sauce can be served over boxed pasta or homemade pasta. Serve this sun-dried tomato pasta sauce over pasta with a salad and fresh bread and dinner is done.
Looking for More Amazing Pasta Sauces? Check these out!
- Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
- Creamy Avocado Pasta Sauce
- Homemade Marinara Sauce
- Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
If you have never cooked with sun dried tomatoes you are in for a real treat with this easy pasta sauce recipe. I love using sun-dried tomatoes when I am cooking, as they are a pantry staple I always have on hand. Sun dried tomatoes are full of flavor and they are perfect for many easy recipes!
Looking for more sun-dried tomato recipes? Check these out!
Tuscan Sun Dried Tomato Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 ounces cream cheese – cut into cubes
- 1 cup milk
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 14.5 ounces canned diced tomatoes
How to Make Tuscan Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Rehydrate sun-dried tomatoes in a cup of warm water.
In a medium sauce pan combine the olive oil and garlic over medium heat and sauté until golden.
Add in the Italian seasoning and the cream cheese.
With a wooden spoon stir the cream cheese until it’s melted.
Drain the sun-dried tomatoes and add them to the pot. Slowly stir in the milk a little at a time until well combined.
Add in the can of tomatoes, salt and pepper.
Cook until slightly thickened and serve over your favorite pasta.
Tuscan Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
- Rehydrate sun-dried tomatoes in a cup of warm water.
- In a medium sauce pan combine the olive oil and garlic over medium heat and sauté until golden.
- Add in the Italian seasoning and the cream cheese. With a wooden spoon stir the cream cheese until it's melted.
- Drain the sun dried tomatoes from the water and add them to the pan.
- Slowly stir in the milk a little at a time until well combined.
- Add in the can of tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook until slightly thickened.
- Serve sauce over your favorite pasta
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here