Spaghetti Squash Alfredo with shrimp and broccoli is a low carb comfort food, the whole family will love! Plus no one will even miss the pasta when you make this delicious Spaghetti Squash Alfredo!
Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
A good pasta dish always makes my family happy. Always. When I need a meal that will make everyone’s day better my go to was always Shrimp Alfredo. Sometimes I added broccoli, sometimes I didn’t it all depended on my mood. But that was my go to happy meal when we all needed one.
Going low carb has given me the need to find low carb options to the family favorites. Including the oh so loved Shrimp Alfredo.
I am not going to lie, when a friend first told me that spaghetti squash could replace my carb loaded pasta and I would not feel like I was missing anything I did not believe her. Seriously, I had MAJOR doubts that a vegetable would be able to fill the gap of pasta. Well, I was wrong. Spaghetti squash is the perfect low carb option to pasta and you can use the spaghetti squash “noodles” for any dish that you would normally use pasta.
Since that conversation, I have made many different pasta dishes that I would normally make with pasta, with spaghetti squash. Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Spaghetti Squash, Chicken Pesto Spaghetti Squash, Spaghetti Squash Lasagna, Shrimp Scampi Spaghetti Squash and Chicken Parm Spaghetti Squash are a few dishes that we have now changed out from the old way of being a pasta dish. I am happy to tell you that no one in my house complains! They love the recipes, and when they want some carbs with their meal I do some fresh Italian bread for them and just don’t eat it myself.
When you are making Spaghetti Squash Alfredo with Shrimp and Broccoli feel free to use more shrimp. The amount of sauce this makes you will be good up to about 2 pounds of shrimp.
How to make Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
Spaghetti Squash Alfredo with shrimp and broccoli
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Lay skin side down on a rimmed sheet pan that is lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until softened. When the squash is cooked Scrape the flesh with a fork to create noodles
- While the squash is cooking Place your shrimp on a foil-lined sheet pan. Drizzle the shrimp with olive oil and bake for 6-7 minutes until the shrimp are fully pink.
- Cook your broccoli.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add cream cheese and butter. Let melt and stir with a whisk (it will be clumpy), then add in milk and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add garlic powder and parmesan cheese. turn heat down to medium-low and add in shrimp and broccoli and stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir well.
- Then add your squash in and stir so everything is coated well with sauce. Let sit on low heat for about 5 minutes to get all the flavors mixed well and the sauce to thicken a little bit.
- Sprinkle parsley on top.
17 Weight Watchers SmartPoints on the Freestyle Program
More Recipes you will love!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here