Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo Spaghetti Squash Recipe. Oven baked spaghetti squash with tender chicken and broccoli in a creamy alfredo sauce. All the flavors you love about Shrimp and broccoli alfredo but healthier. This low carb “pasta” dish is perfect for the whole family as a tasty meal and anyone who is on a keto or low carb diet.
Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
This Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo Spaghetti Squash Recipe quickly became one of my kids favorites and they asked for it almost weekly for a long time after the first time I made it. The creamy alfredo sauce, tender chicken and broccoli with spaghetti squash has so much flavor that you don’t even realize it is a healthy meal.
Baked spaghetti squash, baked shrimp and steamed broccoli come together with a rich homemade alfredo sauce that makes for a delicious Shrimp Alfredo Spaghetti Squash with Broccoli that is healthy and a family favorite. I am sure your family will love this spaghetti squash alfredo with shrimp just as much as mine does.
Tasty Shrimp Recipes
- Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
- Keto Fried Shrimp
- Shrimp Pasta recipe
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Air Fryer Shrimp
- Alfredo Zoodles with Shrimp
- Cajun Shrimp Boil
Does spaghetti squash taste like spaghetti?
No. Spaghetti squash has a light nutty flavor that is great for changing up the flavors as the veggie absorbs the flavors of anything you cook with it. The main flavor of spaghetti squash is very light which makes it great for changing things up and giving it any flavor that you want to.
I am not going to lie, when a friend first told me that spaghetti squash could replace my carb loaded pasta and I would not feel like I was missing anything I did not believe her. Seriously, I had MAJOR doubts that a vegetable would be able to fill the gap of pasta. Well, I was wrong. Spaghetti squash is the perfect low carb option to pasta and you can use the spaghetti squash “noodles” for any dish that you would normally use pasta.
So while spaghetti squash tastes nothing like pasta it is delicious and so a great alternative to pasta if you are wanting pasta but healthier.
What to Serve with Shrimp Alfredo Spaghetti Squash with Broccoli
If you want to keep things simple a fresh salad and homemade dressing like poppy seed dressing, Balsamic Dressing Recipe and Garlic Lime Vinaigrette Dressing. But anything that you normally serve with pasta with Alfredo sauce will pair well with this spaghetti squash alfredo recipe. If you are looking for some ideas, check out some of our favorites.
- Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
- Buttermilk Biscuits
- Avocado BLT Salad
- Spinach Strawberry Salad
- Olive Garden Salad
- Caesar Salad
How to serve Shrimp Alfredo Spaghetti Squash with Broccoli
After cooking everything you can put it in a serving bowl or back into the shells of the spaghetti squash.
Tips for Cooking Spaghetti Squash
If you have never cooked spaghetti squash before you might be a bit nervous, but don’t be! Cooking spaghetti Squash is so easy! Make sure you check out How to Cook Spaghetti Squash for all of the different ways that you can cook spaghetti squash, from microwave spaghetti squash, to baked spaghetti squash, to slow cooker spaghetti squash and more ways to cook it!
How to Cut Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti Squash can be very hard to cut because they are very firm vegetables with a hard outer shell. But you can use a few tricks to make cutting spaghetti squash easier. If you can’t get your knife into the shell to cut it heating it in the microwave will make it easier. Using your knife make little dashes all the way around the squash where you are planning to cut it open.
Then place it in the microwave for 5 minutes to soften the outside. Once it comes out you just cut along that line of dashes much easier. You are going to want to cut the spaghetti squash length-wise so that you end up with two long pieces.
How to Store Spaghetti Squash Alfredo with Broccoli
Cooked spaghetti squash needs to be stored in the fridge. Allow the spaghetti squash Alfredo with broccoli and shrimp to cool completely, then remove from the shell and store in an airtight container. It will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
How to reheat spaghetti Squash
You can reheat this Alfredo spaghetti squash with the microwave or you can put it in a baking dish in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes until it is all heated thoroughly.
Can I freeze Spaghetti Squash?
I do not suggest freezing this recipe, when mixed with sauce and cheese and then frozen the spaghetti squash tends to get mushy.
Shrimp Alfredo Spaghetti Squash with Broccoli Ingredients
- Spaghetti Squash
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Shrimp. Peel and devained. I buy devained at the store and then peel them at home.
- Broccoli. Fresh or frozen will work, in a pinch i use steamer bag broccoli other times i use fresh broccoli and my microwave steamer to cook it.
- Garlic powder
How to make Shrimp Alfredo Spaghetti Squash with Broccoli
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
Lay skin side down on a rimmed sheet pan that is lined with aluminum foil.
Bake for 35-40 mins or until softened. When the squash is cooked Scrape the flesh with a fork to create noodles.
While the squash is cooking Place your shrimp on a foil-lined sheet pan. Drizzle the shrimp with olive oil and bake for 6-7 minutes until the shrimp are fully pink.
Cook the broccoli.
Place a large skillet over medium heat and add cream cheese and butter. Let melt and stir with a whisk (it will be clumpy), then add in milk and bring to a boil.
Once boiling add garlic powder and parmesan cheese. turn heat down to medium-low and add in shrimp and broccoli and stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir well.
Then add your squash in and stir so everything is coated well with sauce. Let sit on low heat for about 5 minutes to get all the flavors mixed well and the sauce to thicken a little bit.
Sprinkle parsley on top.
Spaghetti Squash Recipes
- Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
- Chicken Pesto Spaghetti Squash
- Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
- Shrimp Scampi Spaghetti Squash
- Chicken Parm Spaghetti Squash
- Feta Spaghetti Squash
- Sundried Tomato Spaghetti Squash
- Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin
- Sausage and peppers spaghetti squash
- Chicken Enchilada spaghetti squash
Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- 6 pounds spaghetti squash 2 large spaghetti squash
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1.5 cups heavy cream or milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 16 oz shrimp peeled and deveined
- 10 ounce broccoli Steamed – You can use the frozen steam in a bag
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Lay skin side down on a rimmed sheet pan that is lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until softened. When the squash is cooked Scrape the flesh with a fork to create noodles
- While the squash is cooking Place your shrimp on a foil-lined sheet pan. Drizzle the shrimp with olive oil and bake for 6-7 minutes until the shrimp are fully pink.
- Cook your broccoli.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add cream cheese and butter. Let melt and stir with a whisk (it will be clumpy), then add in milk and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add garlic powder and parmesan cheese. turn heat down to medium-low and add in shrimp and broccoli and stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir well.
- Then add your squash in and stir so everything is coated well with sauce. Let sit on low heat for about 5 minutes to get all the flavors mixed well and the sauce to thicken a little bit.
- Sprinkle parsley on top.
Comments & Reviews
This is my husband’s favorite meal. I’ve made it several times and it is always wonderful!