Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Bowls. All the amazing flavors you love in lasagna with out all the carbs! This easy to make low carb lasagna recipe is perfect for a week night meal. Serve with a side salad for a complete meal.
Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Bowls
I love spaghetti squash and the many different ways that you can cook it to have amazing meals. One of our most recent loves has been Spaghetti Squash Lasagna. If you have never had Spaghetti Squash don’t be afraid to try it, it is amazing! There are so many different flavors you can add to spaghetti squash, and the wonderful thing is that the squash soaks up the flavors and you end up with amazing meals.
With Spaghetti Squash Lasagna I don’t feel the need to have pasta, which has been one of my tricky things to give up while going low carb/keto. I love pasta and I have to have come up with keto comfort food recipes or I will lose my mind. That is why these low carb spaghetti squash lasagna boats are such a big favorite of mine.
I also have introduced the family to Spaghetti Squash Lasagna and they all enjoyed it. They love their pasta as much as I do, but are happy when I made this Spaghetti Squash Lasagna with ground beef too. Which is nice because I don’t do separate meals, so I try to make us all happy when I cook dinner. For them I do add in garlic bread or garlic biscuits because they love them, I just skip eating them.
Spaghetti Squash Recipes
- Chicken and Broccoli Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
- Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
- Chicken Pesto Spaghetti Squash
- Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin
- Chicken Enchilada Spaghetti Squash
What to Serve with Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
I also serve these Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Bowls with a salad. Depending on the amount of time I have I will also make homemade dressing, my family loves Honey Poppy seed dressing and Homemade Balsamic Dressing, I personally love them too but have been sticking with ranch dressing on my salads lately.
Normally we serve this chicken parmesan recipe with some fresh bread and a salad. If you are looking for other side dish recipes check out a few of our favorites.
- Parmesan Asparagus
- Avocado BLT Salad
- Spinach Strawberry Salad
- French onion soup
- Chaffle Garlic Bread
- Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
- Buttermilk Biscuits
Variations of this recipe
If you are needing a short cut for this spaghetti squash recipe you can use a jarred sauce. If you are wanting to lower the carbs even more then use a jarred sauce like Rao’s Marinara Sauce instead of making the sauce yourself.
Now there is also a secret that makes this spaghetti squash recipe so amazing. It is one of the tricks I use when making my meat pasta sauces amazing. I use 1/2 beef and 1/2 pork as the meat for my sauce. It makes such an amazing flavor when the two are combined. However you can use just one or the other when you are making these lasagna bowls.
Make it low carb! Use a low carb sauce like Rao’s to cut down drastically on the carbs instead of making the sauce from scratch.
Tips for Cooking Spaghetti Squash
If it is your first time making spaghetti squash be sure to check out everything you need to know about cooking spaghetti squash.
If you cant get your knife into the shell to cut it heating it in the microwave will make it easier. Using your knife make little dashes all the way around the squash where you are planning to cut it open. Then place it in the microwave for 5 minutes to soften the outside. Once it comes out you just cut along that line of dashes.
Lay the spaghetti squash on a baking sheet with foil face side down so it cooks evenly.
When I make the sauce for this lasagna spaghetti squash, I normally double the amount and then freeze it. It makes for a quicker prep the next time I am going to make it, or if I end up having a busy day where I don’t have time to make the whole thing from scratch that night that I want to make it.
Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Ingredients
- Spaghetti squash
- Ground beef
- Ground pork
- Cloves garlic
- Red pepper flake
- Crushed tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- Italian seasoning
- Baby leaf
- Cottage cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
How to Make Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
Preheat the oven.
Cook spaghetti squash in the oven.
While spaghetti squash is cooking make the sauce.
Mix meat sauce with spaghetti squash.
Top with cheese and bake in the oven until the cheese has melted.
Easy Dinner Recipes
- Fettuccini Alfredo
- Shrimp Alfredo
- Crockpot Italian Chicken
- Homemade Pepperoni Pizza
- Chicken Asparagus Alfredo Pasta
Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
- 2 spaghetti squash cut in half and seeded
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 ground pork
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 26 ounces can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil chopped
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella shredded
- 1 tablespoon basil chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle the cut side of the squash with the oil, salt, and pepper. Place them cut side down on an alumni foil lined sheet pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- While the squash is cooking you can start the sauce. In a large saucepan over medium heat cook the ground meat until cooked. Remove the meat from the pan.
- Sauté the onion in the oil for five minutes. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, cook for two minutes. Stir in your crush tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
- Cook the sauce until the squash is ready to come out of the oven. Remove the squash from the oven and gently break up the flesh into noodles.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the basil and cottage cheese.
- Stir the sauce into each half of the squash.
- Top the squash with the mozzarella cheese.
- Place them under the broiler until they get golden brown. Top with the remainder of the basil.
7 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving on the Freestyle Program
Make your life easier by printing the How many cups in a quart + Other measurements printable that also includes all other liquid measurements to keep in your kitchen!