Spaghetti Squash has been our favorite vegetable in our house forever! This Sausage and Peppers Stuffed Spaghetti Squash is another spaghetti squash recipe that got amazing reviews when I made it for dinner!
Spaghetti Squash stuffed with Italian sausage, peppers, onions, diced tomatoes, seasoning and topped with provolone cheese! Oh yum! Such a tasty twist on our delicious sausage and peppers!
Sausage and Peppers Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
I love making crockpot sausage and peppers, and normally I take it right out of the crockpot and put it on top of cauliflower rice, garlic rice, in a sub roll or just by itself. But when I made it the other night I wanted to step things up a notch.
I wanted to change up our normal and take what is amazing and make it out of this world delish! And I did! This stuffed spaghetti squash recipes is bursting with amazing flavors! For sure we will be adding this to our normal meal ideas, even though it does take a little bit more planning and prep work than our normal recipes.
We LOVE Spaghetti Squash!
I love spaghetti squash. If you have been visiting us for any amount of time, I am sure that you have seen my love for spaghetti squash. We share lots of tasty low carb spaghetti squash recipes and lots of keto spaghetti squash recipes. We love spaghetti squash, and have long before anyone here started eating low carb. It is the perfect veggie for making recipes with amazing flavor. After you try this stuffed spaghetti squash recipe, I am sure you are going to be looking for more tasty recipes so be sure to check out the other amazing spaghetti squash recipes we have!
- Buffalo chicken spaghetti squash
- Chicken Pesto Spaghetti Squash
- Shrimp Scampi spaghetti squash
- Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin
- Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
- Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
- Chicken Enchilada Spaghetti Squash
What to Serve with Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
When I make this stuffed spaghetti squash recipe for dinner I normally serve it with a fresh salad and bread. If you are low carb like I am then you are going to want to skip the bread, but my kiddos love dipping bread into the sauce of the dish.
How to reheat Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Cooked spaghetti squash can be stored in the fridge for 3-5 days after making it. To reheat this spaghetti squash recipe you can hear it in the microwave or you can use a skillet on the stove. It only takes a few minutes to reheat spaghetti squash.
A few tips for making Sausage and Peppers Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Cook spaghetti squash how you want to. For this stuffed spaghetti squash recipe I use the oven baked spaghetti squash cooking method, however you can use a different way to cook spaghetti squash if you prefer. Just check out how to cook spaghetti squash, for other cooking methods.
Bake in a baking dish. As much as I love baking spaghetti squash in the bowls after I have added everything together, there are times that I find it easier to bake in a baking dish.
Prep the day before. If you do not want to do all of the cooking in one day, you can cook the sausage and peppers in the crockpot the day before. Store the sausage and peppers in the fridge and then the next day cook your spaghetti squash and finish cooking. I have done this when I know I am going to be short on time to get it all done in one day.
Sausage and Peppers Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Ingredients
- whole spaghetti squash.
- Italian sausage.
- green pepper.
- canned diced tomatoes. Be sure to use a can of no sugar added diced tomatoes like Muir Glen Canned Tomatoes, Organic Diced Tomatoes, No Sugar Added to keep the carbs lower.
- tomato sauce. Be sure to use a low carb sauce like Rao’s Marinara to keep the carb counts lower.
- Italian seasoning.
- garlic powder.
- provolone cheese.
How to Make Sausage and Peppers Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Spray crockpot with Nonstick Spray. Add sausage, sliced peppers, onions, diced tomatoes, to crockpot. Stir to mix everything together. Turn crockpot on high for 6 hours, stir occasionally.
About an hour before the crockpot sausage and peppers is done preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cut the spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. If you are new to cooking with spaghetti squash be sure to check out how to cut a spaghetti squash.
Lay skin side down on a rimmed sheet pan that is lined with aluminum foil.
Bake for 45 mins or until cooked to a touch with a fork. Once the squash is cooked scrape the flesh with a fork to create noodles and place the spaghetti squash noodles into a large mixing bowl.
Add the sausage, peppers and onions mixture into the noodles and stir until combined.
Place the mixture back into the squash shells or into a baking dish and top with the provolone cheese slices.
Place the squash under the broiler until the cheese is melted.
Sausage and Peppers Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 pounds Italian sausage sliced
- 1 large green pepper sliced
- 2 small onion sliced
- 15.4 oz diced tomatoes Use a No sugar added Canned diced tomatoes
- 15.4 oz tomato sauce Use a low carb tomato sauce like Rao's Marinara
- 4-6 slices of provolone cheese
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Wash and slice the sausage, onions, and green peppers.
- Spray crockpot with Nonstick Spray. Add sausage, sliced peppers, onions, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic to the crockpot. Stir to mix everything together. Turn crockpot on high for 6 hours, stir occasionally while it cooks.
- About an hour before the crockpot sausage and peppers is done preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Lay skin side down on a rimmed sheet pan that is lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 mins or until cooked to a touch with a fork. Once the squash is cooked scrape the flesh with a fork to create noodles and place the spaghetti squash noodles into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sausage, peppers and onions mixture into the noodles and stir until combined. Place the mixture back into the squash shells and top with the provolone cheese slices.
- Place the squash under the broiler until the cheese is melted.
7 Weight Watchers SmartPoints
More Recipes you will love!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here