Crock pot Corned Beef and Cabbage packs all of the deliciousness of a good Irish meal into an easy crockpot meal that is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or really for anytime that you are wanting to enjoy it!
Tender Corned Beef and cabbage, & potatoes (if you want them) that basically cooks itself once you put everything into your crock pot is my perfect dinner. Oh yes please!
Crock pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
If you have not made corned beef before, it is a very easy to make crock pot meal! Just dump all your ingredients into the crockpot and let it cook! Corned Beef is brisket, which has been cured and brined and it comes with a seasoning packet. Makes for a super simple slow crock pot meal.
It is important to remember that corned beef is a tough cut of meat until it is properly cooked. If it is tough when you think it should be done cooking in your slow cooker, it just hasn’t cooked for long enough. All you have to do is leave it in the crock pot and give it a little more time to cook. Then you will have the most tender and amazing corned beef ever.
Slow cooker recipes like Corned Beef and Cabbage, are great for every day simple dinners, not just St. Patrick’s Day. This is one reason slow cooker corned beef and cabbage is a meal we have thru out the year.
This easy corned beef and cabbage recipe is a complete meal all in one with tender corned beef, and cabbage.
You can also add red potatoes and Irish soda bread and make this the perfect Slowcooker St. Patricks Day meal!
This is also a great and easy way to cook corned beef for if you are making Ruben Sandwiches. Just skip putting the cabbage and potatoes in.
If you are wanting your corned beef and cabbage meal to be low carb, then skip the potatoes!
If you are wanting to add red potatoes add them to your slow cooker after it has been cooking for 3 hours. I find they also cook better if you cut them in to 1/4ths.
How to Make Corned beef and cabbage in the Crockpot
Crock Pot Corned Beef And Cabbage
- 4 pounds corned beef
- 1 large head of cabbage
- Remove corned beef from packaging, spray your crock pot with nonstick spray.
- Put the corned beef in the crock pot, pour in the seasoning packet from the meat and pour enough water in to cover the meat.
- Cook for 7 hours on high. At the 7 hour mark rinse your cabbage and cut into 1/4ths and place in crock pot with corned beef.If you want to cook the red potatoes now you can do that too by cutting them in 1/4th and putting them in with the cabbage and corned beef 🙂 Let cook for another hour.
- Remove corned beef from crockpot and let sit for 10 minutes. Then slice and enjoy with your sides!
More St. Patricks Day Recipes
- Copy Cat McDonald’s Shamrock Shake
- Lucky Charms Cupcakes with Marshmallow Icing & Surprise Filling
- Kiss Me I’m Irish cupcakes
- Bailey’s Irish Cream icing
- Easy St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes
More Slowcooker recipes that your family will love!
- Slowcooker honey Garlic Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken Bacon Ranch
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Crock Pot Pork Chops
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- Crockpot stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Crockpot Beef Lettuce Wraps
More Keto Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here