Smashed Potatoes are a fun twist on your normal potatoes recipe. Smashed Potatoes are the perfect side dish, they are crispy on the outside but that perfect smooth and fluffy inside that you love about potatoes.
This smashed potatoes recipe has become my new go to recipe when making potatoes. It really is the perfect small potato recipe that everyone loves! Plus you can’t beat how easy it is to make this quick potato recipe. For a long time I made homemade mashed potatoes or hasselback potatoes , but recently these smashed potatoes are my go to when I need an easy potato side dish recipe.
Smashed Potatoes Recipe
Now if you are like me then you think that tiny potato are oh so cute, they are, and I may be the one in the kitchen to go “awww, so cute” cooking them. In all honesty here anything in tiny form is totally cute. I have a thing for tiny veggies, they just seem to look perfect on a platter or a plate when being served.
You can make smashed red potatoes or smashed white potatoes with this recipe, or even use the other colored potatoes. They will come out the same and really if you are wanting to get fancy use the colored ones.
If you are looking for quick potato recipes, this is it! These smashed potatoes are done in just 40 minutes! Perfect timing to get the rest of your meal cooked!
If your smashed potatoes start sticking to your bottom of your glass just take a paper towel and clean the glass off to stop the sticking while you are smashing your potatoes.
How to Make Smashed Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover fill it with water so the water is covering the potatoes with an extra inch of water.
- Bring the potatoes to a gentle boil and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the water from the pot and place the potatoes onto a parchment lined sheet pan. Spread them out so they are not touching. Using the bottom of a glass press down on each potato to smash them.
- Brush each potato with olive oil.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
To make your kitchen life easier make sure you grab the how many cups is 2 quarts and all other liquid measurements printable chart!
More tasty side dish recipes:
More Potato Recipes:
- Black Pepper and Sea Salt Potato Chips
- Parmesan Garlic Sweet Potato Fries
- Microwave Sweet Potato
- Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here