Smashed Potatoes are a fun twist on your normal potatoes recipe. Smashed Potatoes are the perfect side dish, they are crispy on the outside but that perfect smooth and fluffy inside that you love about potatoes. If you are looking for quick potato recipes, this is it! These smashed potatoes are done in just 40 minutes! Perfect timing to get the rest of your meal cooked!
Smashed Potatoes Recipe
This smashed potatoes recipe has become my new go to recipe when making potatoes. It really is the perfect small potato recipe that everyone loves! Plus you can’t beat how easy it is to make this quick potato recipe. Recently these easy smashed potatoes are my go to when I need an easy potato side dish recipe.
Now if you are like me then you think that tiny potato are oh so cute, they are, and I may be the one in the kitchen to go “awww, so cute” cooking them. In all honesty here anything in tiny form is totally cute. I have a thing for tiny veggies, they just seem to look perfect on a platter or a plate when being served.
Easy Potato Recipes
- Hasselback potatoes
- Chicken and potato casserole
- Garlic Parmesan potato chips
- Salt and pepper potato chips
- Homemade mashed potatoes
Tips for Making this recipe
If your smashed potatoes start sticking to your bottom of your glass just take a paper towel and clean the glass off to stop the sticking while you are smashing your potatoes.
You can make smashed potatoes with white or red potatoes or even use the other colored potatoes. They will come out the same and really if you are wanting to get fancy use the colored ones. The only important thing is that you use small baby potatoes. The best ones to use are the golf ball sized potatoes, these are going to get you the best crispy potatoes that are soft on the inside.
Use a large baking sheet. It is easiest to make these when you can put them all on one baking sheet.
Variations of this recipe
When you are making this easy crispy potato recipe you can change things up by adding a sprinkle of garlic powder or onion powder before baking.
Wanting cheesy potatoes? Sprinkle parmesan or cheddar cheese on top for the last 5 minutes of baking time.
What To Serve with potatoes
Just about any main dish with meat goes well with potatoes but there are a few of our go to main dishes that we like to have potatoes with. If you are looking for some main dish recipes that we love, check out some of our favorites.
- Ham Steaks
- Pork Meatloaf
- Grilled Steaks With Blue Cheese Butter
- Tuna Cakes
- One Pan chicken and veggies
- Cheddar ranch chicken
- Steak Kabobs
When I make potatoes as a side dish I like to balance things out and have veggies as our other sides. There are times I will make baked mac and cheese, but that is not often as I prefer to have a balance of starch and veggies.
- Cheesy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Parmesan Asparagus
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Green beans with bacon
- Oven roasted carrots
Smashed Potatoes Ingredients
- baby potatoes
- olive oil
How to Make Smashed Potatoes
Wash the potatoes and then boil them.
Drain the potatoes and smash them.
Bake in the oven.
Easy Side Dish Recipes
- Lemon Roasted Asparagus
- Oven Roasted Parmesan Asparagus
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Parmesan Garlic Sweet Potato Fries
- Microwave Sweet Potato
- Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Cornbread Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover fill it with water so the water is covering the potatoes with an extra inch of water.
- Bring the potatoes to a gentle boil and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the water from the pot and place the potatoes onto a parchment lined sheet pan. Spread them out so they are not touching. Using the bottom of a glass press down on each potato to smash them.
- Brush each potato with olive oil.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
4 Weight Watchers SmartPoints on the Freestyle Program
To make your kitchen life easier make sure you grab the how many cups is 2 quarts and all other liquid measurements printable chart!