My husband loves this certain brand of kettle chips. He loves their black pepper flavor and I like the flavor but I’m not a huge fan of kettle chips. So when I decided to make some homemade Black Pepper and Sea Salt Potato Chips! This way I would get that great flavor of the black pepper but the texture of a classic potato chip. Check out here to learn how I made my Classic Potato Chips and my Garlic Parmesan Potato Chips .
Black Pepper and Sea Salt Potato Chips
Black Pepper and Sea Salt Potato Chips Ingredients
- 1 pound Idaho or red potatoes
- Peanut oil
- Popcorn Salt
- 1- 2 tablespoons Black pepper
Black Pepper and Sea Salt Potato Chips Directions
- Slice your potatoes so they are a 1/8 thick.
- In a large mixing bowl fill it up with ice cold water place your potatoes in the water and let them soak for an hour.
- Remove your potatoes from the water and let them dry in between paper towels or dishcloth. Making sure they are extra dry.
- Heat your oil to 400° in a cast iron pan or fryer.
- Working in small batches add your potatoes to the oil to create an layer of chips. When they start getting golden brown along the edges turn over and cook until their golden brown on each side.
- Remove the potatoes from the oil and place them onto a sheet pan lined with a cooling rack let them sit for a minute and then transfer them to a bowl and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Continue this with the remainder of the potatoes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here