Hasselback potatoes are named after the Swedish restaurant where it was first served. These potatoes are very crispy on the outsides but soft on the insides. They are a great take on a classic baked potato but with a nice wow factor. When you are cutting the slices in the potato you can lay a pair of chopsticks on each side of the potato to prevent the knife from going all the way to the bottom.
Hasselback Potatoes Ingredients
4 medium potatoes, scrubbed
4 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp of olive oil
Hasselback Potatoes Directions
Preheat the oven to 425˚F
Slice each potato crosswise at 1/8-inch intervals, cutting to within 1/4 inch of the bottom. Be careful not to slice all the way through.
Using a micro plan grate the garlic.
Drizzle the potatoes with the olive oil, making sure you get it in the slits of the potatoes.
Sprinkle them with the garlic and the salt,
Bake for about 40-45 minutes.
Each Potato is 6-7 SmartPoints on Weight Watchers FreeStyle Plan (depending on size)
These are ideal for serving with a great grilled steak or chicken recipe. Alternately, if you love a nice loaded baked potato, you can add some bacon, cheese, and sour cream to these for an all in one meal that is delicious, easy, and a hit with everyone in the family!
Hasselback PotatoesPin Recipe Print Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes scrubbed
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F
- Slice each potato crosswise at 1/8-inch intervals, cutting to within 1/4 inch of the bottom. Be careful not to slice all the way through.
- Using a micro plan grate the garlic.
- Drizzle the potatoes with the olive oil, making sure you get it in the slits of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle them with the garlic and the salt,
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes.
More Great Potato Recipes:
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here