Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup is a hearty, comforting soup with lots of protein and vegetables that make for the perfect homemade slow cooker soup. Serve this slow cooker soup with some fresh bread and a salad for an easy weeknight meal.
Crock Pot Veggie Beef Soup
We love crockpot meals in our house, they make life so much easier and if it is during the warmer months I do not have to worry about heating up the house. We have a lot of slowcooker meals that we keep in our rotation of meals no matter what time of year it is including, Crock Pot Beef Stuffed Peppers Soup, slow cooker chili, crockpot taco meat, butter ranch pork chops and Asian Beef wraps.
It is no secret that I like yummy food but I like to make things the easy way. Quick and easy are my 2 favorite words when cooking but I like to have fresh ingredients and a yummy meal at the end of all the work. This Crock Pot Vegetable Beef Soup is easy to make and it tastes great.
Must Try Crockpot Recipes
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Crock Pot Corned Beef And Cabbage
- Crockpot Goulash
- Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- Easy Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
An Easy Slow Cooker Soup Recipe
Slow Cooker Veggie Beef Soup is a perfect option that everyone loves. It’s super affordable since it makes such a large pot of soup, and it is definitely kid-friendly. In fact, it is a great option to help get your kids to eat vegetables!
Slowcooker Soup Recipes
- Slowcooker Taco Soup
- Crockpot Cheeseburger soup
- White Cheddar Cauliflower Soup
- Bacon Cauliflower Soup
- Slowcooker Vegetable Beef Soup
What to serve with Slow cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
This hearty slowcooker soup is perfect with fresh bread and salad. It also works well if you are making soup and sandwiches for dinner. Sandwiches like roasted red pepper and provolone grilled cheese, Spinach Mozzarella Grilled Cheese and Grilled Cheese roll ups are perfect sandwiches to serve with this hearty vegetable soup recipe.
Best Cut of Meat for Slow Cooker Soup
Because the meat will be cooking in broth in the crockpot for a long time you can use a cheap cut of meat. I personally like to use stew meat but you can also use chuck roast or whatever meat is on sale at the store. Just cut it into 1 inch pieces before adding it to the slow cooker.
Can I make Vegetable beef soup ahead of time?
Yes! This soup is a great make ahead soup. This homemade soup will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. Just store it in an airtight container. If you are planning on taking it to work or school for lunches you can store this soup in single serve containers to make packing it easier.
Variations of this Recipe
If you are not a fan of barley then you can leave it out and instead add 1 cup of rice, Buckwheat or quinoa. Do not cook them before putting them into the slow cooker.
If there are veggies you prefer to use in your soup you can use them instead of the ones that I used. I prefer to use frozen so it is easy to make.
Make it Low Carb!
We add barley to this recipe, however if you are wanting a low carb vegetable beef soup then skip adding barley.
Slow cooker Vegetable Beef Soup Ingredients
- Beef Stew meat
- Frozen Soup vegetables
- Frozen mixed vegetables
- Diced tomato
- Tomato juice
- Beef stock
- Bay leaf
How to Make Slow cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
Chop onion into small pieces, chop beef into 1 inch pieces.
In a large skillet on medium heat with a little bit of oil brown the stew meat.
Add liquid ingredients and spices and barley to the slow cooker. Then add the meat and veggies.
Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Easy Soup Recipes
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Parmesan Tomato Pressure Cooker Soup
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Crock Pot Veggie Beef Soup
- Wash and chop the onion into small pieces. Chop the beef if needed into 1 inch chunks.In a large skillet on medium heat with a little bit of oil brown the stew meat.
- Spray the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray or line with a liner.
- Pour the beef stock, tomato juice and diced tomatoes into the slow cooker. Next add in the barley, and garlic. Mix well so everything is combined.
- Next, add your frozen vegetables, chopped beef, and stir to mix well. Then add the bay leaf to the top.
- Place your lid on the Crockpot, and turn to low heat setting.
- Cook for 8 hours.
- Once done the cooking, remove the bay leaf and add salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 10 servings
5 SmartPoints per serving on Weight Watchers FreeStyle Plan