I love using my crockpot for cooking meals. With 3 kids, a house to keep in order, blogging and every thing else that comes up during the day having a healthy meal that fills us all is important. We love tacos in this house and at times we like to have something a little bit different, we normally have beef but when we want to change things up we can switch it up with these Easy Crockpot Chicken Tacos and we have a meal that the whole family loves and it is super easy to do. I put it in the crock pot at lunch time and by the time dinner time rolls around the house smells amazing and we have a yummy meal!
Easy Crockpot Chicken Tacos
It is also a great way to make chicken instead of using beef for Yummy Taco Salad
Easy Crockpot Chicken Tacos Ingredients:
12 Tortillas or Taco Shells
1 lb Chicken Breasts
Your favorite toppings like tomatoes, lettuce, my homemade guacamole , sour cream, cheese ect.
1 cup Chicken Broth1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 tsp Oregano
1/4 tsp Brown Sugar
1 tbsp Chili Powder
1 1/2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Corn Starch
1/4 tsp Cayenne
Easy Crockpot Chicken Tacos Directions:
Spray your crockpot with nonstick spray. Add all liquid and spice ingredients to slow cooker and stir so they are blended. Then add in the chicken, put the lid on and cook on low 6 hours. After the 6 hours, use a fork to shred the chicken and let it cook for an additional 30 minutes. This gives you just the right amount of time to get the other things ready for dinner.
Then all you do is put the fixings on the table and let everyone enjoy making their own tacos 🙂 You can use soft or hardshell tacos, which is a great way to change things up too when you are making them often 🙂
1 SmartPoint on Weight Watchers FreeStyle Plan for seasoned chicken
Add points as applicable for taco shell and toppings
On Weight Watchers? Check out these other great Weight Watchers Recipes.
Easy Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- 12 Tortillas or Taco Shells
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts
- Your favorite toppings like tomatoes lettuce, my homemade guacamole , sour cream, cheese ect.
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Corn Starch
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Spray your crockpot with nonstick spray.
- Add all liquid and spice ingredients to slow cooker and stir so they are blended.
- Then add in the chicken, put the lid on and cook on low 6 hours.
- After the 6 hours, use a fork to shred the chicken and let it cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- This gives you just the right amount of time to get the other things ready for dinner.
More Crockpot Recipes to try
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Crock Pot Corned Beef And Cabbage
- Crockpot Goulash
- Crock Pot Beef Stuffed Peppers Soup
- Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- Easy Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Low Carb Taco Soup
More Recipes you will love!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here