I was really in the mood for some of my fresh tomato salsa when I was at the store I picked up all the ingredients I would need to make it. My husband was so excited when I brought home tomatoes still on the vines that he ate them all up on me before I could make my salsa.
I still wanted some good chips and salsa but the only tomatoes I had left were canned tomatoes, so I decided to make a restaurant style salsa instead. This salsa is so good I didn’t even miss the fresh tomato salsa.
My grocery store did not have any fresh cilantro in stock but they had this great product called cilantro paste. I was able to just squeeze it into the blender. If you are able to find this product just replace the fresh cilantro with 2 tablespoons of the cilantro paste.
Restaurant Style Salsa
Restaurant Style Salsa Ingredients
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 jalapenos
- 1- 28oz can of whole tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- one small bunch fresh cilantro
Restaurant Style Salsa Directions
- Remove the outside peels on the onion and garlic. Cut the onion into quarters. Place the onion, garlic and jalapenos into your blender and pulse until they are minced.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the blender and pulse until you have a chunky texture.
- Serve with chips or as a sauce on top of your favorite dish.
More Recipes you will Love!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.