If you have never had Baba Ganoush before you are sooo missing out! Baba Ganoush is an easy to make healthy snack. Homemade Baba Ganoush is perfect forputting in the kids lunch boxes, serving at a party or just because it tastes so dang good!
A few weeks ago the kids and I went apple and veggie picking and ended up with a TON of eggplant and I made freezer meals out of most of it, like my Eggplant Parmesan Freezer Meal. My son begged me to make Baba Ganoush because it is amazing.
What do you serve with Baba Ganouch
Serve homemade baba ganouch with fresh veggies or pita chips. My son likes to dip pita chips in his I prefer carrot sticks, but either one works perfectly. It also works great to have a few different items to dip in it on a platter when you serve it at a party.
How to store Baba Ganouch
Keep covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve. This will keep in the fridge for about 5-6 days if it actually lasts that long in your house, it hardly lasts a day in mine!
How to Make Baba Ganoush Eggplant dip
Baba Ganoush Roasted Eggplant Dip
- Preheat oven to high broil, positioning a rack at the top of the oven.
- Slice your eggplant length wise. Sprinkle it with sea salt then place the slices on a wire rack over a lined cookie sheet to drain any excess liquid.
- Allow it to sit for 10 minutes, rinse then pat dry between sheets of paper towels.
- Drizzle the eggplant with olive oil and sea salt placing them on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 5-10 minutes, turning once, until it is soft.
- Remove from pan, stack and wrap the eggplant slices in foil for 5 minutes to lock in moisture.
- Using a fork to peel away the skin of the eggplant.
- Put the skinless eggplant into a food processor.
- Add lemon juice, garlic, and a pinch of salt in the food processor mixing until creamy.
- Place in a serving bowl, sprinkle cumin around the edge of the bowl.
- Top with fresh cut cilantro.
1 SmartPoints on Weight Watchers FreeStyle Plan
More Dip Recipes to try!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here