Having a party and needing a quick and easy dip? This cold spinach artichoke dip recipe is a go-to for anyone who wants to whip up a crowd-pleasing appetizer without spending too much time in the kitchen. Whether you’re hosting a party or looking for a simple and delicious snack, this cold spinach artichoke dip is sure to impress.
Cold Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
When you are having a party easy recipes make things so much easier to get prepped and ready to go. This creamy cold dip recipe is one of my favorites. While I love a warm spinach artichoke dip because it is my favorite dip there is a lot more prep that goes into making it and it doesn’t travel as well when I go to someone else’s house.
Cold spinach artichoke dip is a classic dip and easy party recipe that’s perfect for entertaining guests or enjoying it as a tasty snack. This easy dip recipe combines simple ingredients including spinach, artichoke hearts, cream cheese, and mayonnaise to create a creamy and flavorful dish that can be served with chips, crackers, or vegetables.
If last minute you find out that you need a cold appetizer, the good news is you can whip up this simple cold artichoke dip recipe in under 5 minutes!
Easy Homemade Dip Recipes
- 7 Layer dip recipe
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Dip
- Creamy Pesto Dip
- Roasted Eggplant dip
- Homemade french onion dip
Why You Will Love this recipe
Totally Delicious. This creamy artichoke dip is addicting and tastes so good on top of bread and crackers. It also pairs well with vegetables if you are wanting to go for a healthier appetizer.
Easy to make. The hardest part of making this artichoke parmesan dip recipe is remembering to take out the cream cheese and spinach so they can be used when making the dip. The prep time after thawing the spinach and bringing the cream cheese to room temperature is about 5 minutes, so this recipe is quick to put together too!
No Cooking involved. You do not need to cook anything for this dip recipe. All you have to do is chop a few ingredients and then mix them all together. Then just chill the spinach-artichoke dip before serving.
Make it ahead of time. This artichoke spinach dip is great for all types of occasions from a holiday party to birthday parties and everything in between and it makes life easy because you can prep it the day before and then serve it, cutting down on the to do list on the day of your party.
Is Spinach dip supposed to be served hot or cold?
That depends on the recipe. This is a recipe for cold spinach dip, if you are wanting a warm melty cheese dip then you will want to make my oven-baked spinach artichoke dip. When you are making a hot spinach dip it is more of a cheesy dip. When you are making a cold spinach dip that has a creamy base while being loaded with spinach and artichokes, you can taste the spinach and artichokes more.
Tips for Making this Recipe
There are a few tips that will help make this cold artichoke dip come out perfectly.
- Drain the artichokes. Make sure to drain the artichokes well to prevent the dip from being too watery. Squeezing the artichokes in a clean kitchen towel or paper towel can help remove excess moisture.
- Soften the cream cheese. Softening the cream cheese at room temperature will make it easier to mix and incorporate into the dip. Leave it out for at least an hour before using it.
- Chill before serving. Chilling the dip for at least an hour before serving allows the flavors to meld together and gives the dip a chance to thicken up a bit. I like to make this dip the night before I am going to serve it so that all the flavors are fully combined and the next day I can just take it out of the fridge and serve it.
- Use a cutting board. When you are chopping the garlic and the artichokes it is best to use a cutting board.
Can I use fresh spinach?
You can however you will need to cook it and then chill it before using it, which is why I stick to using a bag of frozen spinach to make my life easier.
What type of Artichokes is best to use?
You will want to use a can of artichoke hearts or jarred artichoke hearts. Any artichokes that are marinated in oil or canned in water will work.
What to Serve with Cold Spinach Artichoke Dip
Cold spinach and artichoke dip pairs well with a variety of foods. Here are some ideas for what to serve with it:
- Tortilla chips. Tortilla chips are a classic pairing with spinach and artichoke dip, and the salty crunch of the chips provides a nice contrast to the creamy dip.
- Pita chips. Pita chips also work well with this dip, and their sturdy texture makes them ideal for scooping up large amounts of dip.
- Vegetables. Serve the dip with a selection of fresh vegetables, such as carrot sticks, celery, cucumber slices, and bell pepper strips. The veggies add color and crunch to the plate and make for a healthier option.
- Bread or crackers. Slices of crusty bread or crackers are another great option for serving with spinach and artichoke dip. Choose a sturdy cracker that can hold up to the weight of the dip without breaking.
- Pretzels. Pretzels are another salty option that pairs well with the dip. You can serve large pretzels for dipping or small pretzel sticks for a fun and easy-to-eat snack.
How to Serve this Dip
I always just put the dip into a dip bowl, but if you want to get fancy you can serve it in a bread bowl.
Can I make this in advance?
Yes! You can make this dip in advance so you have less work to do on the day of serving it. Just mix all of the ingredients together and place in an airtight container and store them in the fridge. On the day of serving remove it from the container and place it in a serving bowl with the dippers you are going to serve it with.
How to Store Leftover Dip
To store leftover cold spinach and artichoke dip, first, transfer it to an airtight container. You can use a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid or a resealable plastic bag. Make sure to press the plastic wrap or bag tightly against the surface of the dip to prevent air from getting in, which can cause the dip to spoil faster. Then, refrigerate the dip. When ready to serve, give the dip a quick stir to ensure that the ingredients are well-combined. You may need to let the dip sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften it up a bit before serving.
How long will this dip last?
This dip will last for 3-4 days in the fridge. When removing it from the fridge you may need to give it a good mix if there is any liquid that has separated in the dip.
Cold Spinach Artichoke Dip Ingredients
- 1 14 ounce canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped. If you don’t have fresh garlic you can use prechopped garlic or minced garlic.
- 10 ounce package of frozen spinach defrosted
How to Make Cold Spinach Artichoke Dip
Let the cream cheese soften on the counter for about 1 hour until it is at room temperature. Thaw the frozen spinach on the counter at the same time.
Once the cream cheese is softened and the spinach thawed get a large mixing bowl.
Add the cream cheese to the bowl.
Drain the thawed spinach, you may want to squeeze out the excess liquid from the spinach. Then add it to the bowl.
Next add the Mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, and garlic.
Drain the artichokes from the liquid and chop them into small pieces and add to the bowl.
Mix well with a spoon until everything is well mixed together.
Pour into your serving bowl.
Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
Easy Appetizer Recipes
Creamy Cold Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- Let the cream cheese soften on the counter for about 1 hour until it is at room temperature. Thaw the frozen spinach on the counter at the same time.
- Once the cream cheese is softened and the spinach thawed get a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the cream cheese to the bowl.
- Drain the thawed spinach, you may want to squeeze out the excess liquid from the spinach. Then add it to the bowl.
- Next add in the Mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, and garlic.
- Drain the artichokes from the liquid and chop into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Mix well with a spoon until everything is well mixed together.
- Pour into your serving bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.