One of my good friends is pregnant and was craving my meringue cookies. Since Valentine’s day is coming up I thought it would be cute to make them into a loving treat. These cookies can be changed into any color you would suit your sweetheart’s style. These Meringue Cookies will be a hit on Valentine’s Day, no one can resist a homemade cookie that is not only delicious but filled with love because they are homemade! You can make these even fancier by turning them into Chocolate Covered Strawberry Meringue Cookies. Make sure you also check out the 4 leaf clover peppermint meringue cookies that are amazing too!
When you are prepping for your Valentine’s Day festivities these cookies look amazing on a white plate with red and pink heart doilies under them. Or grab this full Valentine’s Day table set up that includes plates, napkins and a tablecloth that are all in the perfect Valentine’s Day colors.
When making these Meringue cookies I use my KitchenAid Mixer – really I use my mixer for just about everything I do in the kitchen. If there is a use for it then I am using it! This is the mixer I have and not only is it awesome for when I need to mix things, or anything I am doing they come in a large variety of colors so you can easily match your kitchen 🙂 I have the cherry red one 🙂
To make your life a TON easier when making these cookies make sure you are using silicone mats – seriously they make the process so much easier! You can use parchment paper, however, I much prefer using these silicone mats.
Meringue Cookies ingredients:
- 4 eggs whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Food coloring of your choice
- pinch of tarter
Meringue Cookies directions:
- Line two bake sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Preheat your oven to 175 degrees F.
- Combine the sugar, egg whites and tartar in the bowl from your mixer over simmering water, making sure your bowl is not touching the water. Constantly whisk the egg whites until the sugar has dissolved.
- Attach the whisk attachment on a stand mixer or a hand held mixture, slowly beat egg mixture. Add in vanilla extract, cream of tartar and any food coloring. Slowly increase the speed and continue to beat mixture until stiff peaks have almost formed.
- The mixture is ready when the whisk attachment dipped into mixture leaves a curled but stiff peak when removed. Transfer mixture to a pastry bag fitted with an open star tip and pipe your heart shape onto the sheet pans.
- Bake for 2 hours, then turn off the oven and leave the door slightly ajar for meringues to cool down with the oven.
- Store meringue cookies in an airtight container away from any heat or moisture.
More Valentine’s Day Recipes:
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
More Great Recipes:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here