If you are looking for the The BEST 7 Layer Dip Recipe to make to bring to a party or get together you are in the right spot! This easy cold layered taco dip, is my go to whenever we are going to a get together. This layered taco dip has tasty layers of avocados, beans, cheese, sour cream and more!
7 Layer Dip
If you are not a fan of beans, you can make this taco dip without beans, just skip putting them in and continue on with the rest of the taco dip layers.
This easy no bake dip recipe has multiple layers of tasty flavors that make for the perfect party dip! Dip chips, crackers or veggies, whichever one you like to dip the most!
Now I will say that when I make this I normally make homemade Guacamole instead of using the mashed avocados, either one will work perfectly in this cold taco dip recipe. If I am running short on time then I stick with the exact directions of this recipe. But if you are going to be using guacamole in your 7 layer dip, then omit the avocados, garlic powder, salt, and pepper from the recipe.
The secret to this 7 layer dip recipe is the homemade taco seasoning! You could use a little packet of taco seasoning but I am telling you, the homemade taco dip with homemade taco seasoning is sooo much better!
When you are making this tasty Mexican layer dip you can use a serving platter, trifle dish, plastic cups for single serve dip or even just a simple baking dish. Any of them will work perfectly and still make your dip look amazing. I do find that when I use a platter dish or shallow baking dish, that I am able to get more flavors in one bite on my chip when I am dipping chips into this tasty Mexican dip recipe.
How to Make the BEST Layered Dip
7 Layer Dip Recipe
- Spread your beans onto your serving plater.
- In a mixing bowl mash your avocados together with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Spread the avocado mixture over the top of the beans. (If you are using homemade guacamole skip this)
- In another mixing bowl combined the sour cream and taco seasoning together. Spread this mixture over the top of the avocado (or guacamole) layer.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the sour cream layer.
- Sprinkle the olives over the top of the cheese layer.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes over the top of the olives.
- Sprinkle the scallions over the top of the olives.
- You can add a dollop of sour cream to the top of the dip.
7 Weight Watchers SmartPoints on the Freestyle Program
To make your kitchen life easier make sure you grab the how many cups is 2 quarts and all other liquid measurements printable chart!
More Dip Recipes to try!
More amazing Appetizer Recipes!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.