My kids are suckers for the holidays. They are having a hard time getting over the fact that Christmas is over. I decided to show them that other holidays have fun things to them as well. So for their Valentine’s Day dinner I decided to turn one of our favorite meals into a cute valentine’s Day theme.
Since a tortilla is very soft it is simple to change the shape of it with just a pairing knife. If you’re not good at free handing a heart shape then you can carefully fold it in half and just cut out the half of the heart along the edge of the tortilla. When you open it back up you will have an even tortilla heart. Or make life even easier and grab this 10 inch heart shaped cookie cutter – then you have no worries at all!
When I’m cutting out the tortillas I make sure that I stack two of them on top of each other so that way when I go to cook them they are the same size.
You can make the party even more fun by grabbing this Valentine’s Day table setting that comes with plates, napkins and a table cloth and have your Valentine’s Day all done for the kids!
- 4 8 inch tortillas
- 1/2 Cup Mexican blend of shredded cheese
Heart Quesadilla Directions
- Preheat your griddle or a large sauté pan to medium heat.
- Stack two tortillas on top of each other on your cutting board. Using a paring knife cut out a heart shaped making sure to save as much tortilla so it will be a large heart. Repeat this with the other two tortillas.
- Place two tortillas down on the griddle and add 1/4 cup of the cheese to each tortilla. Spread the cheese evenly so it covers the whole heart. Top each heart with its matching tortilla.
- When the bottom of the tortilla starts to get golden brown use a spatula to flip the quesadilla over. Cook until the bottom is golden brown as well then remove from heat.
- Served with a side of salsa or sour cream.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here