Low Carb Taco salad is a Low Carb alternative to taco night! Super easy to make, with homemade taco seasoning and super filling!
Low Carb Taco Salad
Tacos have always been a staple meal in our house. They are super easy to make and everyone in my house loves them! Normally when we have taco night, I make cheese taco shells, and the kids use tortillas and taco shells. But sometimes I am just not in the mood, or i don’t have time to make the cheese shells. Nights like those bring on the low carb taco salad!
I know a lot of you have talked about your family loving tacos too, so I figured the best thing to do was bring you an easy alternative to taco night that was low carb and keto friendly!
I love to make my own taco seasoning but since I started the keto diet I still make my favorite recipe but I leave out the cornstarch – tastes totally perfect still so no worries, when you are making this homemade taco seasoning.
If you are wanting to change up the meat on taco night, instead of ground beef you can totally use Crock-pot Barbacoa, chicken taco meat, crockpot chicken taco meat or chili lime chicken to make your low carb taco salad.
How to Make Low Carb Taco Salad
Low Carb Taco salad
- In a large saute pan over medium heat brown the ground beef and break it into crumbles.
- Once the beef is cooked stir in the seasoning and water, cook for 5 minutes.
- Rip the lettuce into bite-size pieces then place it on the plates. Top the lettuce with the beef, tomatoes, cheese, and avocado.
- Thin out the sour cream with a small amount of water then drizzle the salads with the thinned out sour cream.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the salads and sprinkle some cilantro over top.
Get Our Newest Keto Recipes!
Subscribe to get our Newest Keto Recipes by email.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
More Keto and Low Carb Recipes you will love!
Lasagna Low Carb Stuffed Peppers
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here