We love tacos, so this Skinny Chicken Taco Salad is a big hit in our house. My husband has been in a huge salad kick. I am not the type who can just eat a boring salad over and over again. I need to change it up and I need to feel full after eating my salad. I love this Chicken Taco Salad for this very reason, it is very filling with the chicken and the beans. Yet it has a light dressing with the Greek yogurt. If you would like you can portion into individual salad bowls like in my picture above. I love making this Chicken Taco Salad with my chili lime chicken.
I personally like to keep the salad dressing in my fridge for whenever I get a craving 😉 I just double/triple/ 10 times it for the salad dressing recipe of it. This salad dressing shaker is perfect for mixing the salad dressing in it and then storing it in the fridge. You can easily pour your dressing on your salad right from the salad dressing shaker 🙂
Having a salad spinner makes it really easy to get your lettuce washed, I don’t know about you but I hate it when I get water all over the place when I am washing my lettuce. It drives me crazy, so a salad spinner saves me clean up time!
Skinny Chicken Taco Salad
How to Make Taco Salad with Chicken
Chicken Taco Salad
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 head Romaine lettuce washed and roughly chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 can black olives drained
- 2 chicken breast cooked sliced
- First bake your chicken (or use the Chili Lime Chicken), in a baking pan add a little olive oil and rub it on the bottom of the pan so the chicken does not stick. Then cook at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes. You want the chicken to be at 165 degrees Fahrenheit. You can let the chicken cool or you can use it warm. Then slice the chicken into thin slices.
- Wash and chop your lettuce into bite sized pieces and place in a large salad bowl.
- Then in a small bowl mix together the taco sauce, Greek yogurt and ranch dressing, this is your salad dressing. So once prepped set aside.
- Top the salad with the tomatoes, cheese, beans, corn, chicken and olives.
- Mix the salad and portion it out.
- Top with as much dressing as you would like.
Use low fat cheese and low fat dressing and this salad is 7 Weight Watchers FreeStyle Points!
More Chicken Recipes:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here