Funfetti Cake Mix Cookie Sandwiches are an easy to make cookie sandwich. Using boxed cake mix to make cake mix cookies and homemade buttercream frosting everyone will love these cookie sandwiches.
Funfetti Sandwich Cookies
It’s time to celebrate the small things in life and what better way than with Funfetti Cake Mix Cookie Sandwiches. These cookie sandwiches are perfect for any occasion, whether you’re just looking to celebrate your love of sprinkles or you want to show someone how much they mean to you. These treats take very few ingredients and are so simple to make. The whole family will enjoy these cookies. So get the kids in the kitchen and make these fun little treats today!
These Funfetti Sandwich Cookies are a great way to get your kids involved in the kitchen. Mixing up some of these cookies for the family is a perfect activity for when you’re snowed in this winter or looking to do something fun on a rainy day. These treats are sure to put smiles on everyone’s faces!
I love making cookie sandwiches depending on my mood we make ice cream filled cookie sandwiches or frosting filled cookie sandwiches. This cookie sandwiches recipe is one of my kid’s favorites to use with frosting.
Looking for more Cookie Desserts? Check these out!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich
- Shortbread Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
- Brownie Cookie Sandwiches
What Are These Cookies Filled With?
These cake mix cookies are filled with American buttercream frosting. You can fill the Funfetti cookies with anything that you like if you choose to use something other than American buttercream. Besides other types of frosting, you can also use chocolate ganache, jelly or a cheesecake dip.
What is American buttercream?
Buttercream frosting is a mix of butter and powdered sugar that is beaten util it is firm. It is one of the easiest buttercream to make, much simpler than making Italian or Swiss buttercream. It has a mild buttery and it can be used to decorate with.
Variations to these Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
There are many ways to make variations to these cookies. You can
- Change the type of cake mix. You can make these cookies with any flavor that you like.
- Change the Frosting. Even if you keep the same cake flavor, you can change the flavor of these cookies by changing the frosting.
- Add in. I am adding holiday sprinkles to my confetti sandwich cookies. You can use different sprinkles or something totally different like mini chocolate chips or shredded chocolate, caramel bits, or even dehydrated fruit like dried strawberries, mangos or apples.
Can I Use Other Flavored Cake Mix
You can use any flavor cake mix for these cookies. One of the best things about this Funfetti Cake Mix Cookie is that it is so easy to change up the flavors. By simply changing the cake mix, you can have an entirely differently type of cookie.
Can I Use Other types Frosting?
You can change the frosting to make these funfetti cookies taste different. You can pair this vanilla cake mix cookie with Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting, Cream Cheese Frosting or Bakery Style Mocha Buttercream Frosting, just to name a few. Any type of frosting can be used with these sandwich cookies.
Can These Be Sugar Free Cake Mix Cookies?
There are different kinds of sugar free cake mix. These cake mixes are not considered keto or low carb, although there are sugar free low carb cake mixes that you can use. Then you will want to make sure you are using a sugar free frosting. For different flavors, you can use Sugar Free Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, Sugar Free Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, Sugar Free Cream Cheese Frosting, Sugar Free Strawberry Buttercream Frosting or Sugar Free Caramel Frosting.
How to Store Funfetti Sandwich Cookies
These Funfetti cookies do not have to be refrigerate so you will want to store them at room temperature in an airtight container or freezer bag. Another option, since these cookies are filled with buttercream frosting, they can get messy so you can also keep them on a plate and then wrap them with plastic wrap.
Can I Freeze These Cookies
You can absolutely freeze these Funfetti cookies. I like to wrap each cookie individually or place them on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer, or a plate if it doesn’t fit, and then wait for about an hour. Once the cookies are frozen, move them to an airtight container or a plastic bag. This keeps the cookies from falling apart or from sticking together.
When you are ready to enjoy these cookies, you can move the cookies from the freeze and keep them at room temperature. If the filling is coming out of the cookies and is touching the plastic, you will want to remove the plastic wrap before the cookies fry.
Funfetti Cake Mix Cookie Sandwiches Ingredients
- Funfetti cake mix
- egg whites
- vegetable oil
- holiday sprinkles (optional)
- 1 batch buttercream Frosting
How to Make Funfetti Cake Mix Cookie Sandwiches
In a bowl Combine egg whites and oil and beat lightly with a fork.
Add the cake mix to the oil and egg mixture and stir until thoroughly moistened.
Shape the cookie dough into 1 inch balls and place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
Flatten to 1/4 inch thickness and sprinkle the sprinkles on top.
Bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes or until very lightly golden brown around the edges.
Let cool one minute before removing from cookie sheet.
While the cookies are baking make the buttercream frosting.
Spread some buttercream frosting on bottom of one cookie and than place another on top.
Easy Cookie Recipes
- Cherry Kiss Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia nut cookies
- M&M Cookies
- No Spread Sugar Cookies
- Elephant Ear Cookies
Funfetti Cake Mix Cookie Sandwiches
- 1 box of funfetti cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup oil
- holiday sprinkles optional
- buttercream Icing recipe
- In a bowl Combine egg whites and oil and beat lightly with a fork.
- Add the cake mix to the oil and egg mixture and stir until thoroughly moistened.
- Shape the cookie dough into 1 inch balls and place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten to 1/4 inch thickness and sprinkle the sprinkles on top.
- Bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes or until very lightly golden brown around the edges.
- Let cool one minute before removing from cookie sheet.
- While the cookies are baking make the buttercream frosting.
- Spread some buttercream frosting on bottom of one cookie and than place another on top.
Leave A Reply!