If you are looking for the best soft and chewy chocolate chip M&M cookie recipe then you are in luck! I have been making these Chocolate Chip M&M’s Christmas Cookies for years and they are always one of the first cookies to disappear from the plate at any party I take these Chewy Chocolate Chip M&M’s cookies to.
Chocolate Chip M&M’s Christmas Cookies
Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies
There are chocolate chip cookies and there are M&M cookies, but when you combine chocolate chips and M&Ms you get one of the most amazing cookies ever! This is the perfect cookie for someone who wants a bit more umph in their chocolate taste! Of course if you love M&Ms and you love cookies then these Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies are going to be the perfect cookie for you!
I like to make these Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies at Christmas time and use red and green M&Ms. If you are making these Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies for another special holiday then you can easily change them up and use different colored M&Ms to match the holiday!
You can use full sized M&Ms or the mini M&Ms to make these tasty chocolate chip cookies with M&Ms. It is all based on personal preference. My kids like the Mini M&Ms because they are “cute” so that is what we normally use.
Christmas chocolate chip cookies
If you are looking for a great home made gift, these Christmas chocolate chip cookies are perfect! These M&M Chocolate chip Cookies are one of those classic Christmas cookies that everyone always expects on the cookie platter at the holidays. Adding some delicious M&M’s are perfect for making a regular chocolate chip cookie even more spectacular!
You can easily make double or triple batches of these great Christmas cookies to gift to friends and family or just to enjoy throughout the holiday season.
Personally I like chewy Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies, but if you want to have a crunchy Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies then all you have to do is add an additional 3 minutes to the bake time of these cookies.
M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
How to Make Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies
Chocolate Chip M&M's Christmas Cookies
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 12- ounce package of mini red and green M&M's
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt together in a medium bowl.
- Beat your butter, brown sugar and sugar together with your mixer on medium speed until light and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and the vanilla just until combined.
- Turn the speed down to low and carefully add the flour mixture just until it's combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- With a small scoop, scoop out the dough and refrigerate for hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Roll each scooped cookie in your hands so they are round and smooth. Place them on a cookie sheet two inches apart.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, just until the edges start turning brown. (They will still look raw in the middle but the reminding heat from the cookie sheet will finish cooking them.) Let them cool on the cookie sheet for 5 to 10 minutes.
Christmas Cookie Recipe Ideas
We, of course, love these M&M’s Christmas Cookies, but not everyone loves M&M’s added to their cookies. If that’s the case for you, don’t worry. We have tons of great Christmas cookie recipes and ideas that will certainly become favorites. Check out our list below!
- Snowman Poop Christmas Cookies
- Christmas Tree Meringue Cookies
- No Spread Sugar Cookies
- Soft Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Peppermint Candy Cane Meringue Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Snowmen Nutterbutter Cookies
- Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Easy Christmas Brownies
- Reindeer Poop Christmas Cookies
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- Homemade Soft Gingerbread Cookies
We have a lot of tasty Christmas cookie recipes, so make sure you check out the 12 days of Christmas cookies and the Best Christmas Cookie Recipes. Looking for more Christmas fun? Check out these Christmas Treats kids will love and Fun Kids Christmas crafts!
If you are having a holiday party for kids, and you are looking for a great Christmas cookie, these are perfect.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here