Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chip M&M’s Cookies. Two amazing cookie favorites combined in to one. Soft and chewy cookies filled with chocolate chips and M&Ms for the perfect cookie!
Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies
There are chocolate chip cookies and there are M&M cookies, but when you combine chocolate chips and M&Ms you get one of the most amazing cookies ever! This is the perfect cookie for someone who wants a bit more umph in their chocolate taste! Of course if you love M&Ms and you love cookies then these Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies are going to be the perfect cookie for you!
If you are looking for the best soft and chewy chocolate chip M&M cookie recipe then you are in luck! I have been making these easy M&M Christmas Cookies for years and they are always one of the first cookies to disappear from the plate at any party I take them to.
We, of course, love these M&M’s Christmas Cookies, but not everyone loves M&M’s added to their cookies. If that’s the case for you, don’t worry. We have tons of great Christmas cookie recipes and ideas that will certainly become favorites. Make sure you check out the 12 days of Christmas cookies and the Best Christmas Cookie Recipes. Looking for more Christmas fun? Check out these Christmas Treats kids will love and Fun Kids Christmas crafts!
Easy Christmas Cookies
- Snowman Poop Christmas Cookies
- Christmas Tree Meringue Cookies
- No Spread Sugar Cookies
- Soft Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Peppermint Candy Cane Meringue Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Snowmen Nutterbutter Cookies
- Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Easy Christmas Brownies
- Reindeer Poop Christmas Cookies
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- Homemade Soft Gingerbread Cookies
Variations of this recipe
I like to make these cookies at Christmas time and use red and green M&Ms. If you are making these cookies for another special holiday then you can easily change them up and use different colored M&Ms to match the holiday!
You can use full sized M&Ms or the mini M&Ms to make these tasty chocolate chip cookies with M&Ms. It is all based on personal preference. My kids like the Mini M&Ms because they are “cute” so that is what we normally use.
Tips for Making this recipe
Don’t skimp on fridge time. It is important to cool the cookies in the fridge long enough for the butter to reharden in the cookie dough.
Do not over bake. If you are wanting soft and chewy cookies then you need to take them out after the cooking time, but if you want to have a crunchy Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies then all you have to do is add an additional 3 minutes to the bake time of these cookies.
Do not over mix. It is important to not over mix the dough. When you are adding the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients you want to just mix them until it is incorporated.
Measure Exacts. I know some may thing this goes with out saying but when you are baking chocolate chip cookies it is VERY important to be sure to follow the ingredient measurement exactly.
How long do fresh chocolate chip cookies last?
Stored in an air tight container, fresh chocolate chip cookies will last for 2-3 weeks. That is if your family does not eat them all on your first.
How to store these cookies
The best way to store these homemade cookies is in an airtight container at room temperature. To store the cookies, let them cool completely and then place one layer in an air tight container, layer a piece of parchment paper and another layer of cookies and continue until all the cookies are in the container.
If you notice the cookies are loosing moisture, add a piece of bread to the container and it will help keep the cookies soft and the moisture in the air tight container.
Freezing Chocolate Chip Cookies
Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies will keep in the freezer for 3-4 weeks. To freeze these cookies, allow the cookies to cool completely. Then place a piece of parchment paper on a room temperature baking sheet and lay the cookies in a single layer on the tray. Place the tray in the freezer for 1-2 hours until the cookies are fully frozen. Remove the frozen cookies from the tray and store in a zip-lock plastic bag.
How to freeze chocolate chip cookie dough
If you are planning on doing a lot of cookie baking sometimes it makes life easier to make the cookie dough ahead of time and then freeze it. Having frozen cookie dough in the freezer also makes it easier to make fresh baked chocolate chip cookies anytime you want to.
Use them as a gift!
You can easily make double or triple batches of these great Christmas cookies to gift to friends and family or just to enjoy throughout the holiday season.
If you are looking for a great home made gift, these Christmas chocolate chip cookies are perfect! They are one of those classic Christmas cookies that everyone always expects on the cookie platter at the holidays. Adding some delicious M&M’s are perfect for making a regular chocolate chip cookie even more spectacular!
Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies Ingredients
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Mini red and green M&Ms
- Mini chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies
In a bowl mix the dry ingredients.
In another bowl beat the butter, brown sugar and white sugar together then add in the eggs.
Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated
Add in the chocolate chips and mini M&Ms
Scoop cookies on to a baking sheet and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
Once cooled, roll the cookie in your hand to form a ball and place back on the baking sheet.
Bake in the oven.
Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet after cooking.
Chocolate Chip M&M's Cookies
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 12- ounce package of mini red and green M&M's
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt together in a medium bowl.
- Beat your butter, brown sugar and sugar together with your mixer on medium speed until light and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and the vanilla just until combined.
- Turn the speed down to low and carefully add the flour mixture just until it's combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chip and the mini M&Ms.
- With a small scoop, scoop out the dough and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Roll each scooped cookie in your hands so they are round and smooth. Place them on a cookie sheet two inches apart.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, just until the edges start turning brown. (They will still look raw in the middle but the reminding heat from the cookie sheet will finish cooking them.) Let them cool on the cookie sheet for 5 to 10 minutes.