This Sugar Free Strawberry Buttercream is fluffy, perfectly sweet and made with NO sugar! It is perfect for anyone looking for a low carb strawberry buttercream frosting to use with sugar free cakes and cupcakes.
Sugar Free Strawberry Buttercream
Strawberry buttercream is one of the must have frosting recipes in your cupcake recipe collection.
For me it is important that my sugar free icing recipes taste like my sugar loaded icing recipes, let’s be honest sweet is an amazing taste. It was important to me that when making a sugar free strawberry frosting that I didn’t lose the flavor I love so much about my strawberry buttercream frosting that I have made for years.
If you are just now getting started with low carb, or this is your first time making a low carb frosting recipe, then you are probably asking yourself, How to make strawberry frosting without sugar?. It is actually really easy and instead of sugar you will use a sugar substitute and a few other ingredients.
Keto Strawberry Frosting
When you are using a sugar substitute, the body doesn’t digest or absorb it but you still get the sweetness you want in a dessert or keto frosting recipe. However it is important to remember that while this frosting is a keto friendly frosting, a low carb frosting and a sugar free frosting that it is still a dessert recipe.
Many sugar free frosting recipes include things like maple syrup for the sweetener, that is not a keto friendly, low carb friendly or sugar free option really because it is loaded with carbs. You do not have to worry about that with this sugar free strawberry frosting recipe.
Sugar Free Frosting Recipes
Of course you can not have a naked cupcake or cake, so you are going to want a tasty frosting recipe to use on top of them. Here are some of my other favorite sugar free frosting recipes.
- Sugar Free Vanilla Buttercream
- Sugar free caramel Frosting
- Sugar Free Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Sugar Free Cream Cheese Frosting
Frosting Sugar Free Cupcakes
This low carb strawberry frosting recipe is perfect on sugar free cupcakes. If you are looking for a sugar free cupcake recipe be sure to check out the sugar free vanilla cupcake and Sugar free chocolate cupcakes!
When you are decorating cupcakes you will want to use a piping bag and make the fancy cupcake swirl. Piping icing is super easy, if you have never used a piping bag, check out how to fill a piping bag. If you are new to baking and decorating cupcakes, check out how to make a cupcake icing swirl.
Sugar-Free Strawberry Buttercream Ingredients
- fresh strawberries.
- butter. At room temperature.
- heavy cream.
- vanilla extract. I much prefer to use homemade vanilla then the store bought vanilla extract that you get in the store whenever I am baking.
How to Make Sugar Free Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
There is less then 1 net carb per serving of strawberry frosting!
low carb strawberry buttercream frosting
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups swerve confectioners
- Remove any stems from your strawberries and place them into a blender or food processor. Pulse them until all of the strawberry pieces have been pureed.
- Place your butter and swerve in the bowl of your mixer. Mix them together on low speed until the sugar is incorporated.
- Mix in the heavy cream, the vanilla extract, and strawberries.
- Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed and continue mixing for 6-8 minutes until light and fluffy.
Looking for more Low carb sweet treats? Check these out!
Do yourself a favor and print out the How Many Pints in a Quart? and other liquid measurements printable to help you with your measurements in the kitchen! I have mine hanging on my fridge. It makes a super easy cheat sheet for whenever I am cooking and need to use liquid measurements.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here