This smooth Low Carb Sugar Free cream cheese frosting is perfect for all of your baking needs. From cakes to cupcakes, this Sugar free frosting is the perfect match!
With only 4 ingredients, this Low Carb Sugar Free Cream Cheese Frosting will be come your go to when you are needing a quick and easy low carb sugar free frosting!
Low Carb Sugar Free Cream Cheese Frosting
I love cream cheese frosting, and I love using it as a filling when I am making cakes. Cream cheese frosting is also one of those frosting that you can sit there and lick the bowl once you are done decorating your cake or cupcakes. It is THAT good. Since we have been working on bringing you sugar free dessert options, it only made sense that we needed to include a low carb cream cheese frosting recipe in our frosting recipes line up. If you are looking for a fluffy cream cheese frosting recipe, this is it!
For me it is important that my sugar free icing recipes taste like my sugar loaded icing recipes, let’s be honest sweet is an amazing taste. It was important to me that when making a sugar free cream cheese frosting that I didn’t lose the flavor I love so much about my cream cheese frosting that I have made for years.
Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
If you are just now getting started with low carb, or this is your first time making a low carb frosting recipe, then you are probably asking yourself, How to make cream cheese frosting without sugar?. It is actually really easy and instead of sugar you will use a sugar substitute.
When you are using a sugar substitute, the body doesn’t digest or absorb it but you still get the sweetness you want in a dessert or keto frosting recipe. However it is important to remember that while this frosting is a keto friendly frosting, a low carb frosting and a sugar free frosting that it is still a dessert recipe.
Many sugar free frosting recipes include things like maple syrup for the sweetener, that is not a keto friendly, low carb friendly or sugar free option really because it is loaded with carbs. You do not have to worry about that with this sugar free cream cheese frosting recipe.
Sugar Free Frosting Recipes
Of course you can not have a naked cupcake or cake, so you are going to want a tasty frosting recipe to use on top of them. Here are some of my other favorite sugar free frosting recipes.
- Sugar Free Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Sugar free caramel Frosting
- Sugar Free Strawberry Frosting
- Sugar Free Vanilla Buttercream
Sugar Free cupcake Flavors
This low carb cream cheese frosting recipe is perfect on sugar free cupcakes. If you are looking for a sugar free cupcake recipe be sure to check out the sugar free vanilla cupcakes and Sugar free chocolate cupcakes.
When you are decorating cupcakes you will want to use a piping bag and make the fancy frosting cupcake swirl. Piping icing is super easy, if you have never used a piping bag, check out how to fill a piping bag. If you are new to baking and decorating cupcakes, check out how to make a cupcake frosting swirl.
Low Carb Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- cream cheese. Make sure you are using a full fat cream cheese.
- swerve confectioner. If you do not like using swerve you can use a different powdered sweetener, however I have only made this keto chocolate frosting using swerve. When making this frosting powdered sweetener works just the same as confectioners sugar does in a frosting recipe that uses sugar.
- heavy cream.
- vanilla extract. I much prefer to use homemade vanilla then the store bought vanilla extract that you get in the store whenever I am baking.
How to Make Low Carb Cream Cheese Frosting
This keto cream cheese frosting makes enough frosting for 24 cupcakes. There is just 1g carbs per serving!
Low Carb Sugar Free Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat your cream cheese in a large mixing bowl with your mixer until its light and fluffy.
- Slow your mixer to low speed and slowly add the confectioner swerve until its well incorporated.
- Slowly pour your heavy cream and vanilla into the mixture, making sure you scrape down the sides every now and then.
- Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed and whip until stiff peaks form.
Looking for more Low carb sweet treats? Check these out!
Do yourself a favor and print out the How Many Pints in a Quart? and other liquid measurements printable to help you with your measurements in the kitchen! I have mine hanging on my fridge. It makes a super easy cheat sheet for whenever I am cooking and need to use liquid measurements.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here