Nothing beats a bakery cake but making it at home! It is so simple to have that amazing Bakery buttercream frosting with this Strawberry Buttercream recipe. You will never go to the bakery again! This strawberry frosting recipe is made with fresh strawberries, so you will have one amazing strawberry flavor!
I used the same type of frosting as my bakery style the vanilla buttercream. So if you’re looking for a good decorating buttercream than this is it. It’s stiff enough to hold out piped designs but fluffy enough to go on smoothly on tier cakes.
The key perfect buttercream is making sure your water is very hot and that you’re letting it makes in the mixer long enough. You may use a handheld mixer to make this but I prefer my stand mixer. That way I do not have to stand there for ten minutes mixing it up. I will say I have broken three handheld mixers because they are just not strong enough to hold up to my baking so it is well worth the investment to get a KitchenAid Mixer!
If you have always wanted to make an icing swirl so you have pretty cupcakes, check out this step by step guide on how to make an icing swirl. It really changes the look of your cupcakes! If you are using different flavored frostings and want them both on top of your cupcake swirled together, check out how to swirl two icing flavors. If you want to layer your frosting flavors, check out the layered frosting swirl!
Strawberry Buttercream Supplies
Stand Mixer– This is the one I use
How to Make Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- Remove any stems from your strawberries and place them into a blender or food processor. Pulse them until all of the strawberry pieces have been pureed.
- Place your butter and shortening together in the bowl of your mixer. Mix them together on medium speed until they are nice and creamy.
- Turn the mixer down to the lowest setting and slowly incorporate the powdered sugar into the shortening mixture. Once you have added all the sugar to the mix pour in the strawberry puree, and the vanilla.
- Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed and continue mixing for 10 minutes until light and fluffy.If you need to thin your frosting add hot water a little bit at a time.
Love Frosting? Check these out and don’t miss this awesome list of frosting recipes!, including:
Love Cupcakes? Check these out!
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cupcakes
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter And Jelly Cupcakes
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
More Amazing Frosting Recipes to Try:
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
There was an error submitting your subscription. Please try again.
We won’t send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.
Powered by ConvertKit
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here