If you happen to love my chocolate buttercream recipe then this Mocha Buttercream Frosting is sure to be a hit. It combines that great flavor you got from the chocolate buttercream but with the fresh flavor of coffee. Chocolate and coffee naturally just go well together that’s why mocha cappuccino’s and lattes are so popular.
I love to pair this buttercream with my chocolate cupcakes and make my Cafe Mocha Cupcakes. This frosting is a buttercream so it’s perfect for all of your cake decorating needs. It’s not too soft that it just pours off the cake but it’s not too hard that it tears the side of the cake. You can make this with your choice of instant coffee, my favorite to use is this one. When you’re putting the frosting together you’re not actually making a cup coffee from the instant coffee you’re only using it dry in the frosting.
Mocha Buttercream Frosting
Mocha Buttercream Frosting Supplies
Stand Mixer– This is the one I use
How to make Mocha Buttercream Frosting
Mocha Buttercream Frosting
Mocha Buttercream Frosting is a creamy, rich bakery style buttercream frosting that is perfect for decorating cakes and cupcakes. This Mocha frosting is a bakery style frosting that goes well with many different flavors of cupcakes.
- In the bowl of your mixer beat the butter on medium speed until nice and creamy.
- Turn the mixer down to the lowest setting and slowly incorporate the powdered sugar and cocoa powder into the butter.
- Once you have added all the sugar to the mix add the heavy cream, vanilla, salt and instant coffee powder. Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed and continue mixing for 10 minutes until light and fluffy.
- The buttercream can be stored at room temperature for up to three days or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. When you bring it out of the refrigerator let it sit at room temperature for two hours. Than re-whip, it for ten minutes to bring it back to life.
Looking for more frosting recipes? Check these out and don’t miss this awesome list of cupcake frosting recipes including:
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Blackberry Buttercream Frosting
- Pink Lemonade Frosting
- Peanutbutter Buttercream Frosting
- Caramel Frosting
- Best Buttercream Frosting
Love cupcakes? Check these out!
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cupcakes
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter And Jelly Cupcakes
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
More Amazing Frosting Recipes to Try:
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here