Peanut butter frosting is one of our favorite buttercream frosting recipes. Peanut butter buttercream is easy to make and doesn’t take long either! This Peanut butter frosting tastes amazing on top of cupcakes and you can use any flavor cupcake with this peanut butter frosting recipe.
This peanut butter frosting tastes just like the peanut butter buttercream that you get on a cake when you go to a bakery. This homemade frosting is creamy, with an amazing peanut butter flavor!
Seriously, chocolate and peanut butter were just meant to go together, the flavor combination is just perfect. Can anyone actually say they don’t? 😉
If this is your first time making peanut butter frosting, then there are a few tips that will help you make the best peanut butter frosting ever! Make sure you start with room temperature butter to have the perfect texture peanut butter buttercream. When making this peanut butter frosting you can use your favorite peanut butter, however you do need to make sure that it is a creamy peanut butter and not a chunky peanut butter.
How to Make Peanut butter Frosting
Peanut butter frosting
- In the bowl of your mixer beat the butter and peanut butter together on medium speed until nice and creamy.
- Turn the mixer down to the lowest setting and slowly incorporate the powdered sugar into the butter mixture.
- Once you have added all the sugar to the mix add the heavy cream, vanilla, and salt. Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed and continue mixing for 10 minutes until light and fluffy.
- The buttercream can be stored at room temperature for up to three days or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. When you bring it out of the refrigerator let it sit at room temperature for two hours. Than re-whip, it for ten minutes to bring it back to life.
Looking for more frosting recipes? Check these out and don’t miss this awesome list of cupcake frosting recipes including:
Love cupcakes? Check these out!
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cupcakes
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter And Jelly Cupcakes
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here