A Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich is a tasty cookie treat that takes two soft chocolate chip cookies and sandwiches them together. Inside the two cookies is filled with fluffy and sweet frosting. If you are a cookie lover by doing this and making them a Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich it totally takes the cookie to the next level of awesome!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich
What is a Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich?
A Cookie sandwich is when you take 2 cookies, and put homemade frosting in the middle of them and turn them into a sandwich. You can make cookie sandwiches with any cookie, but they are best made with soft cookies.
I make mine with the best chewy chocolate chip cookies recipe ever because it is a perfectly fluffy and soft chocolate chip cookie. This is by far my favorite cookie recipe to make when I am wanting to WOW people. I didn’t think it could get any better and then I stuffed it full of sweet and fluffy frosting. Yea, those cookies didn’t last long on the counter, they were gone faster then when I don’t make them into cookie sandwiches!
If you are looking for another amazing cookie recipe to use, my bakery style chocolate chip cookies work amazing too! If you want to get really fancy, make them with chocolate chip M&M Cookies or peppermint chocolate chip cookies.
Cookie Sandwich Frosting
For these Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches I used bakery style buttercream frosting. However, you can change up the frosting that you use to customize them however you want to. Depending on my mood there are times that I use other frostings that I love.
Some of the other frostings that I use when making these Cookie Sandwiches are:
- Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate buttercream Frosting
- Almond Buttercream Frosting
- Mocha Buttercream Frosting
- Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting
- Cookie Dough Frosting
- Mint Buttercream Frosting
- Peanut Butter Buttercream frosting
Cookie Sandwich Supplies
You will need a few things to make it easier to make these tasty cookie sandwiches. When baking cookies I find that it is best to use a silicon mat on top of my baking sheet. You don’t need a silicone baking mat, but I do find them easier.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich
Chocolate chip cookie sandwiches
Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
Chocolate Chip Cookies Directions
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt together in a medium bowl.
- Beat your butter, brown sugar and sugar together with your mixer on medium speed until light and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the eggs and the vanilla just until combined.
- Turn the speed down to low and carefully add in the flour mixture just until its combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- With a small scoop, scoop out the dough and refrigerate for an two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.Roll each scooped cookie in your hands so they are round and smooth.
- Place them on a cookie sheet two inches apart.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, just until the edges start turning brown. (They will still look raw in the middle but the remanding heat from the cookie sheet will finish cooking them.)Let them cool on the cookie sheet for 5 to 10 minutes.
- While the Cookies are cooking make your frosting.
- Place your butter and shortening together in the bowl of your mixer.
- Mix them together on medium speed until they are nice and creamy.
- Turn the mixer down to the lowest setting and slowly incorporate the powdered sugar into the shortening mixture.
- Once you have added all the sugar to the mix pour in the hot water and the vanilla.
- Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed and continue mixing for 10 minutes until light and fluffy.
Assembling Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches
- Once the cookies are cooled and frosting is made, the next step is to put the chocolate chip cookie sandwiches together.
- Cut the end off your piping bag and place the star tip into the bag.
- Place your buttercream into the piping bag.
- Turn half of your cookies upside down.
- Pipe the buttercream onto the flipped cookies.
- Top each cookie with an extra cookie.
- Store in an airtight container.
34 Weight Watchers SmartPoints on the Freestyle Program
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Looking for more awesome cookie recipes? Check these out!
Chocolate dipped Shortbread Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
If you are looking for more amazing dessert recipes, check these out!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here