If you are looking for an amazing frosting recipe for your cake and cupcakes this Almond frosting is amazing. A light flavored buttercream frosting that has the perfect consistency for decorating cakes and cupcakes. This Almond Frosting is an Almond buttercream frosting that tastes just like the frosting you get from a bakery.
Almond buttercream frosting is really easy to make, actually once you get the hang of making buttercream frosting in general all buttercream frosting will come easy to you. Homemade frosting tastes so much better then anything you will buy in the store. Once you start making your own cake frosting I can promise you that you will never go back to the store bought jars!
Make sure you check out a few of my other favorite frosting recipes.
- Chocolate buttercream frosting
- Peanut Butter Buttercream
- Buttercream frosting
- Marshmallow Frosting
- Mocha Frosting
- Strawberry Buttercream
If you are wanting to bake a cake, then you are going to totally want to go homemade. Homemade cake is so much better then store bought boxed mixes. Now if you are a beginner baker and you just want to make a boxed cake taste better, make sure you check out how to make boxed cake taste homemade. With just a few ingredients you can turn that boxed cake mix into amazing!
Personally I like to make homemade cakes, I LOVE the moist chocolate cupcake recipe and this moist vanilla cupcake recipe too! You can make them into cakes by pouring them into pans instead of using cupcake pans.
How to Make Almond Buttercream
Almond buttercream frosting
- Place your butter and shortening together in the bowl of your mixer. Mix them together on medium speed until they are nice and creamy.
- Turn the mixer down to the lowest setting and slowly incorporate the powdered sugar into the shortening mixture. Once you have added all the sugar to the mix pour in the hot water and the almond extract.
- Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed and continue mixing for 10 minutes until light and fluffy.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.