Cherry Kiss cookies, also known as Cherry Blossom cookies are a sweet cherry almond cookie with a chocolate kiss in the center.
Cherry Kiss Cookies
If you are looking for an amazing cookie then you are going to love these Cherry kiss cookies. While these are perfect if you are making Christmas cookies they are my favorite cookie to make for Valentine’s Day. A sweet cherry almond cookie that has a chocolate kiss in the middle, they make the perfect Valentine’s Day themed cookie.
Chocolate and cherries go hand in hand and make the perfect dessert. The combination of chocolate and cherry is one of my kids favorites. These chocolate blossom cookies are the perfect cookie to make when you are wanting an amazing soft and tasty cookie.
Chocolate & Cherry Recipes
- Chocolate Covered Cherries
- Cherry Chocolate chip cookies
- Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
- White Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cupcakes
These cherry kiss cookies are easy to make and perfect for baking cookies with the kids. These cookies have been a huge hit for year in our house. We originally posted these easy cherry cookies back in 2014 and while we have been making them just about every year the photos in this post never got updated. So this year, we have updated the photos so you can see just how beautiful these cookies are.
How to Freeze Cookie Dough
I like making cookie dough and freezing it so we can have it on hand to make cookies easily when the kids want them without having to make a big mess in the kitchen.
These cookies freeze well if you make the dough ahead of time and then freeze the dough in cookie balls.
To freeze the cookie dough, make the dough and then roll the dough into individual cookie dough balls. Place the dough balls on a baking sheet and place the baking sheet into the freezer. Once the dough balls are frozen, remove them from the baking sheet and store in a gallon sized ziploc bag until you plan on baking the cookies.
Place the frozen cookie dough balls in the fridge on a plate and allow the cookie dough balls to thaw gradually. Once they are defrosted bake as you would if you had made the dough fresh.
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon juice from maraschino cherries
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup of chopped maraschino cherries
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 30 kisses, unwrapped
How to Make Cherry Kiss Cookies
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Chop the maraschino cherries and set aside.
In a bowl of your mixer beat the butter and powdered sugar on low speed until incorporated. Then turn the speed up to medium speed and cream until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
Add the cherry juice and the almond extract and mix again until well mixed.
Once mixed, increase the mixer speed to medium and add the cherries.
Turn the mixture down to low and slowly add the flour and salt.
Shape the dough into 1-inch balls, and place the balls on a cookie sheet.
Roll the cookies in the granulated white sugar.
Using the bottom of a measuring cup press down on the cookies until the cookie is about 1/2-inch thick.
Bake the cookies for about 14 minutes.
Remove from the oven and push a chocolate kiss onto each cookie.
Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- bakery style chocolate chip cookies
- peppermint chocolate chip cookies
- Sugar cookies recipe
- Gingerbread Cookies
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- White Chocolate Hot Chocolate Bombs
Cherry Kiss cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a bowl of your mixer beat the butter and powdered sugar on low speed until incorporated. Then turn the speed up to medium speed and cream until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cherry juice and the almond extract until well mixed.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and add the cherries.
- Turn the mixture down to low and slowly add the flour and salt and mix well.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls, and place the balls on a cookie sheet. Roll the cookies in the granulated white sugar.
- Using the bottom of a measuring cup press down on the cookies until the cookie is about 1/2-inch thick.
- Bake the cookies for about 14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and push a Kiss onto each cookie while they are still warm.