Coconut chocolate chip cookies combine the sweet flavor of coconut with the amazing flavors of chocolate chips for one amazing soft chocolate chip cookie! This is a tasty spin on traditional chocolate chip cookies.
Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cookie baking is one of my favorite things to do with the kids. There are so many amazing cookie recipes to make (we have shared TONS here on MidgetMomma.com) and many times while we are baking the kids want to create something new.
I am totally up for that.
I don’t think there is such thing as having to many cookie recipes in our recipe collection.
We will keep on adding cookie recipes and creating cookie recipes until there are no more to make! Thankfully coming up with cookie recipes is a tasty thing to do and the flavor combinations for cookies is plentiful!
Looking for more chocolate chip cookie recipes? Check these out!
- peppermint chocolate chip cookies
- bakery style chocolate chip cookies
- cherry chocolate chip cookies
- The best soft chocolate chip cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie sandwich
- Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
These coconut chocolate chip cookies have the sweet coconut and hints of chocolate. There is just enough chocolate chips to keep the chocolate from over taking the coconut flavor and combined they make for one amazing cookie!
Chocolate and coconut go so well together, these cookies will not last long on the cookie tray I can tell you that!
Tips for Making this Cookie Recipe
If you would like your cookies a little on the softer side you can just take them out of the oven a few minutes sooner. If you would like them a little hard just leave them in the oven a minute or two longer.
Do NOT over mix! When you are adding in the flour once it is all combined stop mixing.
Space out the cookies when you put them on the baking sheet. It is important that you leave room on the baking sheet between the cookies when you put them on the tray.
Let them cool! I know you might be tempted to eat one as soon as they come out of the oven, but it is important to let them cool and finish baking on the baking sheet when you take them out of the oven.
My BEST Cookie tip for making cookies is to get a cookie scoop – seriously it makes scooping the cookie dough so much easier and then you end up with that perfect cookie shape!
How long do fresh chocolate chip cookies last?
Stored in an air tight container, fresh chocolate chip cookies will last for 2-3 weeks. That is if your family does not eat them all on your first.
How to store these cookies
The best way to store these homemade cookies is in an airtight container at room temperature. To store the cookies, let them cool completely and then place one layer in an air tight container, layer a piece of parchment paper and another layer of cookies and continue until all the cookies are in the container.
If you notice the cookies are loosing moisture, add a piece of bread to the container and it will help keep the cookies soft and the moisture in the air tight container.
How to freeze chocolate chip cookie dough
If you are planning on doing a lot of cookie baking sometimes it makes life easier to make the cookie dough ahead of time and then freeze it. Having frozen cookie dough in the freezer also makes it easier to make fresh baked chocolate chip cookies anytime you want to.
If you are going to freeze the chocolate chip cookie dough, follow all of the steps of this recipe up to the baking step. Do not bake the cookie dough balls. Place a piece of parchment paper on a room temperature baking sheet and lay the cookie dough balls in a single layer on the tray. Place the tray in the freezer for 1-2 hours until the cookie dough is fully frozen. Remove the frozen cookie dough balls from the tray and store in a zip-lock plastic bag.
Frozen Chocolate chip cookie dough will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Chocolate Chip Cookies Supplies
- Mixing bowls
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- Rubber Spatula
- Cookie Scoop
- Sheet Pans
Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes (you can also use sweetened shredded coconut)
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Line your baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 375-degrees.
In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter, granulated white sugar and brown sugar with a hand mixer or in the mixer bowl for your stand mixer.
Next add the vanilla extract and stir well, set the bowl aside.
In another mixing bowl, sift in the flour, salt and baking soda and mix to combine. Slowly pour and mix the flour mixture with the sugar mixture.
Add the eggs and beat in them in the mixture until the mixture is creamy.
Stir in the coconut, chocolate chips and mini chocolate chips.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto your prepared baking sheets.
Bake 9-11 minutes until golden brown.
Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to completely cool.
More Cookie Recipes you will love!
- S’Mores Cookie Pizza
- Easy Pinwheel Cookies
- Strawberry Meringue Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies
- Forgotten Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Cookie Making Supplies
Want delicious cookies that come out perfect every time? Check out some of our favorite tools to make super easy cookies with fun decorations!
Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 375-degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar with a hand mixer.
- Next add the vanilla extract and stir well, set the bowl aside.
- In another mixing bowl, sift in the flour, salt and baking soda and mix to combine. Slowly pour and mix the flour mixture with the sugar mixture.
- Beat in the eggs until the mixture is creamy.
- Stir in the coconut, chocolate chips and mini chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto your prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 9-11 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to completely cool.
More Dessert Recipes you will love!