Coconut chocolate chip cookies combine the sweet flavor of coconut with the amazing flavors of chocolate chips for one amazing soft chocolate chip cookie! This is a tasty spin on traditional chocolate chip cookies.
Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cookie baking is one of my favorite things to do with the kids. There are so many amazing cookie recipes to make (we have shared TONS here on MidgetMomma.com) and many times while we are baking the kids want to create something new.
I am totally up for that.
I don’t think there is such thing as having to many cookie recipes in our recipe collection.
We will keep on adding cookie recipes and creating cookie recipes until there are no more to make! Thankfully coming up with cookie recipes is a tasty thing to do and the flavor combinations for cookies is plentiful!
Coconut and Chocolate Cookies
These coconut chocolate chip cookies have the sweet coconut and hints of chocolate. There is just enough chocolate chips to keep the chocolate from over taking the coconut flavor and combined they make for one amazing cookie!
Chocolate and coconut go so well together, these cookies will not last long on the cookie tray I can tell you that!
Looking for more chocolate chip cookie recipes? Check these out!
- peppermint chocolate chip cookies
- bakery style chocolate chip cookies
- cherry chocolate chip cookies
- The best soft chocolate chip cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie sandwich
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Tips for Making this Cookie Recipe
If you would like your cookies a little on the softer side you can just take them out of the oven a few minutes sooner. If you would like them a little hard just leave them in the oven a minute or two longer.
Do NOT over mix! When you are adding in the flour once it is all combined stop mixing.
Space out the cookies when you put them on the baking sheet. It is important that you leave room on the baking sheet between the cookies when you put them on the tray.
Let them cool! I know you might be tempted to eat one as soon as they come out of the oven, but it is important to let them cool and finish baking on the baking sheet when you take them out of the oven.
My BEST Cookie tip for making cookies is to get a cookie scoop – seriously it makes scooping the cookie dough so much easier and then you end up with that perfect cookie shape!
Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies Supplies
- Mixing bowls
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- Rubber Spatula
- Cookie Scoop
- Sheet Pans
Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes (you can also use sweetened shredded coconut)
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Line your baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 375-degrees.
In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter, granulated white sugar and brown sugar with a hand mixer or in the mixer bowl for your stand mixer.
Next add the vanilla extract and stir well, set the bowl aside.
In another mixing bowl, sift in the flour, salt and baking soda and mix to combine. Slowly pour and mix the flour mixture with the sugar mixture.
Add the eggs and beat in them in the mixture until the mixture is creamy.
Stir in the coconut, chocolate chips and mini chocolate chips.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto your prepared baking sheets.
Bake 9-11 minutes until golden brown.
Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to completely cool.
More Cookie Recipes you will love!
- S’Mores Cookie Pizza
- Easy Pinwheel Cookies
- Strawberry Meringue Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies
- Forgotten Cookies
Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 375-degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar with a hand mixer.
- Next add the vanilla extract and stir well, set the bowl aside.
- In another mixing bowl, sift in the flour, salt and baking soda and mix to combine. Slowly pour and mix the flour mixture with the sugar mixture.
- Beat in the eggs until the mixture is creamy.
- Stir in the coconut, chocolate chips and mini chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto your prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 9-11 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to completely cool.
More Dessert Recipes you will love!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here