Soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies with chunks of white chocolate and macadamia nuts are what make these amazing White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies the best cookie ever!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
I have to admit that I am OBSESSED with Macadamia nuts. They have been my favorite nut since I was a kid and I can easily eat a whole bag in one sitting by myself so I have been buying the big 3 pound bag from Just Macadamia so they last longer.
If you love chocolate chip cookies then you are going to love these amazing soft chocolate chip cookies with macadamia nuts. When you add macadamia nuts to chocolate chip cookies you get the most amazing chocolate chip cookie combination.
Love Chocolate Chip Cookies? Check these out!
- peppermint chocolate chip cookies
- bakery style chocolate chip cookies
- cherry chocolate chip cookies
- The best soft chocolate chip cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie sandwich
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
As you might be able to tell, if you have been a visitor for a while, we are working on updating photos so they look better and for those recipes that didn’t have any photos (like this White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies recipe) we are taking the photos so you can see how amazing they are just by looking at the pictures.
We have a long way to go to get everything done, but I am loving how all our photos are turning out and how beautiful all of the posts are looking. Aside from these amazing soft White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies be sure to check out my other favorite cookie recipes including, Snickerdoodle cookies, Christmas Pinwheel Cookies, Hot Chocolate Cookies Homemade Sugar Cookies and Reindeer Poop Cookies.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Use soft but not melted butter when you are making these cookies. You want the butter to be really soft when you are making these cookies.
Cool cookies on paper towels. When you take the cookies out of the oven, remove them from the baking sheet and place them on a cookie rack lined with paper towels. Macadamia Nuts are VERY oily so you really don’t want to skip this step.
Do NOT over bake the cookies. 10 minutes is the max amount of time that you want to cook the cookies in the oven. They will still look raw in the middle but the remanding heat from the cookie sheet will finish cooking them.
Measure Exacts. I know some may thing this goes with out saying but when you are baking cookies of any kind it is VERY important to be sure to follow the ingredient measurement exactly
Best Macadamia Nuts to Use
When you are making these cookies with macadamia nuts you can use roasted or salted. I prefer to use salted macadamia nuts because I love the sweet and salty flavor combination you get when you use them.
Can I make this cookie dough ahead of time?
You can! If you want to you can make this cookie dough ahead of time and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. When you are ready to bake the cookies, let the cookie dough sit on the counter for 30-40 minutes and then follow the baking instructions.
How long do fresh chocolate chip cookies last?
Stored in an air tight container, fresh chocolate chip cookies will last for 2 weeks. That is if your family does not eat them all on your first.
How to store these cookies
The best way to store these homemade cookies is in an airtight container at room temperature. To store the cookies, let them cool completely and then place one layer in an air tight container, layer a piece of parchment paper and another layer of cookies and continue until all the cookies are in the container.If you notice the cookies are loosing moisture, add a piece of bread to the container and it will help keep the cookies soft and the moisture in the air tight container.
Freezing Chocolate Chip Cookies
Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies will keep in the freezer for 3-4 weeks. To freeze these cookies, allow the cookies to cool completely. Then place a piece of parchment paper on a room temperature baking sheet and lay the cookies in a single layer on the tray. Place the tray in the freezer for 1-2 hours until the cookies are fully frozen. Remove the frozen cookies from the tray and store in a zip-lock plastic bag.
How to freeze chocolate chip cookie dough
If you are planning on doing a lot of cookie baking sometimes it makes life easier to make the cookie dough ahead of time and then freeze it. Having frozen cookie dough in the freezer also makes it easier to make fresh baked chocolate chip cookies anytime you want to.
How to bake Frozen Macadamia nut Chocolate chip cookie dough
Remove the amount of cookies you want to make, place the cookie dough balls on a baking sheet and bake at 325 for 17-18 minutes. Then remove the cookies from the oven and let them continue to cook while on the baking sheet for an additional 5 minutes. The heat from the baking sheet will keep the cookies cooking.
Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Christmas Tree Marshmallow Pops
- Reindeer Marshmallow Pops
- Soft Gingerbread cookies
- Whoville cookies
- Santa Belly Oreos
- Santa Fruit Pops
- Christmas Tree cupcakes
- Cinnamon Roll Christmas Tree
- Christmas Tree Marshmallow Pop
- Christmas Tree brownies
Macadamia Nut Cookies Ingredients
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown packed sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Macadamia Nut Cookies Ingredients
Remove the butter from the fridge and place on the counter to soften. You want the butter to be really soft when you are making these cookies.
Once the butter has cooled, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Add the butter into a large bowl with the white sugar and the brown sugar and mix well. You can use a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
Once you have beaten the sugars with the butter add in the egg and the vanilla and mix.
In another bowl add the baking soda, salt and flour and mix until well blended with a whisk.
Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix well.
Once the wet and dry ingredients are mixed well add in the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts and mix until combined.
Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
Drop by spoonfuls of cookie dough on to a baking sheet and bake at 375 for 9-10 minutes.
Place on paper towels after removing from the oven to allow to cool.
Easy Cookie Recipes
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- Homemade Soft Gingerbread Cookies
- Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Peppermint Meringue Cookies
- Snowman Poop Christmas Cookies
- Christmas Tree Meringue Cookies
- No Spread Sugar Cookies
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Remove the butter from the fridge and place on the counter to soften. You want the butter to be really soft when you are making these cookies.
- Once the butter has cooled, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the butter into a large bowl with the white sugar and the brown sugar and mix well. You can use a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
- Once you have beaten the sugars with the butter add in the egg and the vanilla and mix.In another bowl add the baking soda, salt and flour and mix until well blended with a whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Once the wet and dry ingredients are mixed well add in the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts and mix until combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls of cookie dough on to a baking sheet and bake at 375 for 9-10 minutes.
- Place on paper towels after removing from the oven to allow to cool.