I love making chocolate covered Oreos for different holidays, they are so cute and Oreos covered in chocolate taste absolutely amazing! These Santa Belly Christmas Oreo Pops are super cute and really easy to make!
I Love bringing these Christmas Oreo Pops with me when we go to holiday parties, plus they make great treats for the kids because they are on a stick!
Christmas Oreo Pops
Santa Belly Oreo Pops
Ho Ho Ho, ’tis the season to get fat and jolly. What better way to do then with these Santa belly cookies pops, they just might make your belly jiggle like a bowl full of jelly. All joking aside these Santa belly Oreo pops are a great way to bring in some holiday cheer.
Christmas Cookie pops are a simple version of a cake pop without having to worry about making an actual cake for it. All you need is some color chocolates, Oreos, lollipop sticks and parchment paper. Now you can get the colored dipping chocolate and lollipop sticks at your local craft store or here on Amazon .
When you are working with chocolate you want to use parchment piping bags, it make decorating with chocolate so much easier! You can grab the parchment paper piping bags in the grocery store or on Amazon.
If you have never worked with melted chocolate, don’t stress it is really easy to do. You can melt the chocolate in the microwave or use a double boiler. I personally use the double boiler method as I find it to be easier, head on over and read up on how to melt chocolate with a double boiler, if this is your first time melting chocolate with a double boiler.
Santa Oreo Pops Supplies
- 2-3 sheet pans
- 2-3 silicon mats or parchment paper
- lollipop sticks
- Parchment Paper Piping Bags
How To Make Santa Christmas Oreo Pops
Santa Belly Christmas Oreo Pops
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicon mats.
- Very carefully twist the tops off of all the Oreo’s and set them on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Melt your red chocolate over a double boiler.
- Dip the end of a lollipop stick into chocolate so its only 1/2 inch in the chocolate. Gently push the stick into the cream side of the Oreo half way in and all the way down. Top the blank side of the Oreo with a small amount of chocolate and sandwich it with the other side of the cookie.
- Let the chocolate set for 10 minutes.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a glass. Dip the Oreo into the red melted candy, turning to cover them completely. Tap the stick on the edge of the container to get off the extra chocolate.
- Set the dipped Oreo Pop back on one of the prepared cookie sheets, allow the chocolate to set.
- Melt your milk chocolate over a double boiler.
- Pour your melted milk chocolate into your parchment paper bag. Cut a hole at the bottom about 1/8 inch. Make two lines across the cookie and fill it in with the chocolate so you end up with a solid line. Allow the chocolate to set completely.
- Melt your white chocolate over a double boiler.
- Pour your melted white chocolate into your parchment paper bag. Cut a hole at the bottom about the size of a pin tip. Pipe a rectangle in the middle of the Oreo to look like a belt buckle.
- I found it looks best when you make the rectangle start right at the top edge of the belt. Allow the chocolate to set completely.
More Christmas Treats you will Love!
More Holiday fun to check out!
You can have a lot of fun calling Santa with Santa’s Phone number and it is FREE!
Does Elf on the Shelf come to visit your house? If so make sure you check out these awesome Elf on the Shelf Ideas!
We have LOTS of elf on the shelf ideas too so make sure you check them out!
Elf on the Shelf Letter – Perfect Elf on the shelf printable letter that you can print out and have your elf on the shelf bring with him or her when he comes to visit! Plus this Elf on the Shelf Rules printable is awesome to print out and hang on the wall for the kids!
You should also check out these 135 elf on the shelf ideas! There are over 135 Elf on the shelf Ideas that kids will love! If you are running short on time, then make sure you check out this list of Quick Elf on the Shelf ideas!
There are so many tasty christmas treats that the kids will love and they are all perfect for any kids Christmas parties that you might have. Some of our favorite Christmas treats are Santa Hat Cupcakes and Whoville Cookies ! But you can check out the full list of Kid Friendly Christmas Treats and pick out your favorites to make with the kids!
If you are looking for cookie recipes we have you covered there too! Check out our Beautiful Christmas Sugar Cookies, 12 Days of Christmas Cookies, The Best Christmas Cookies Recipes, and Christmas Tree Desserts Recipes!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here