This simple step by step for How to Melt Chocolate in a Double Boiler will be the best way you learn to melt chocolate. Melting chocolate with a double boiler is a much better way to melt chocolate then using the microwave.
How To Melt Chocolate In A Double Boiler
The art of melt chocolate can be a tricky thing if you don’t know what you are doing. The last thing you would want to do is throw it into a pan and just put that on the stove. Chocolate can burn very easily. A double boiler is a bowl on top of a pot with water in it. It creates a seal and the steam gets trapped underneath to heat the bowl gently.
What you need to melt Chocolate in a Double Boiler
You can buy a double boiler but it is just a easy to make your own. You will need a pot and a ceramic, metal or glass bowl. You want to make the bowl fits right on top of the pot so it creates a seal.
Melting chocolate in a double boiler
- Add water to your pot. You only want to add a few inches of water, you never want the water to touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Heat the water over medium heat. Once the water comes to a boil place your bowl with chocolate on top.
- You want to make sure no water gets in the bowl with the chocolate, this will case your chocolate to cease up.
- Use a rubber spatula to keep scraping down the boil so the chocolate of the side of the bowl will not burn.
- Once the chocolate is melted remove the bowl from the heat.
Check out these other awesome baking tips and tricks!
Do yourself a favor and print out the How Many Pints in a Quart? and other liquid measurements printable to help you with your measurements in the kitchen! I have mine hanging on my fridge and it makes a super easy cheat sheet for whenever I am cooking and need to use liquid measurements.
- How to create an icing Swirl
- How to make a pie crust
- How to make a pie crust with a food processor
- How to Melt Chocolate in a double boiler
- How to Make Fruits and Veggies last longer
- How to Freeze Green beans
- How to Freeze Strawberries
- How to Freeze Blueberries
- How to Make Bavarian Cream
- How to Make Cake pops
- How to Fill a pastry bag
- How to melt chocolate with a double Boiler
Check out these tasty chocolate recipes!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here