This simple step by step for How to Melt Chocolate in a Double Boiler will be the best way you learn to melt chocolate. Melting chocolate with a double boiler is a much better way to melt chocolate then using the microwave.
How To Melt Chocolate In A Double Boiler
The art of melt chocolate can be a tricky thing if you don’t know what you are doing. The last thing you would want to do is throw it into a pan and just put that on the stove. Chocolate can burn very easily. A double boiler is a bowl on top of a pot with water in it. It creates a seal and the steam gets trapped underneath to heat the bowl gently.
What you need to melt Chocolate in a Double Boiler
You can buy a double boiler but it is just a easy to make your own. You will need a pot and a ceramic, metal or glass bowl. You want to make the bowl fits right on top of the pot so it creates a seal.
Melting chocolate in a double boiler
- Add water to your pot. You only want to add a few inches of water, you never want the water to touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Heat the water over medium heat. Once the water comes to a boil place your bowl with chocolate on top.
- You want to make sure no water gets in the bowl with the chocolate, this will case your chocolate to cease up.
- Use a rubber spatula to keep scraping down the boil so the chocolate of the side of the bowl will not burn.
- Once the chocolate is melted remove the bowl from the heat.
Check out these other awesome baking tips and tricks!
Do yourself a favor and print out the How Many Pints in a Quart? and other liquid measurements printable to help you with your measurements in the kitchen! I have mine hanging on my fridge and it makes a super easy cheat sheet for whenever I am cooking and need to use liquid measurements.
- How to create an icing Swirl
- How to make a pie crust
- How to make a pie crust with a food processor
- How to Melt Chocolate in a double boiler
- How to Make Fruits and Veggies last longer
- How to Freeze Green beans
- How to Freeze Strawberries
- How to Freeze Blueberries
- How to Make Bavarian Cream
- How to Make Cake pops
- How to Fill a pastry bag
- How to melt chocolate with a double Boiler
Check out these tasty chocolate recipes!