These Strawberry Cream Chocolates may be the easiest chocolate treat you ever make! With just 3 ingredients you can make a candy shop-worthy chocolate at home. Perfect for gift giving! A sweet strawberry filling covered in chocolate, these make the perfect sweet treat!
Strawberry Cream Chocolates
Of all the jobs I’ve had in my life, one of my absolute favorites was working at the little chocolate store on our main street. It’s one of those old-time, small-town chocolate shops where everything is made right there in the shop and people come to select a single treat or put together a little gift box of chocolates.
My favorite thing in the shop (and I got to taste many delicious things!) was this strawberry chocolate we made, with a creamy strawberry inside and decadent chocolate outside. But the process was long and complicated!
Since then, I’ve been determined to find a way to make these strawberry cream chocolates at home. I was delighted to finally figure out a comparable recipe, using just 3 ingredients!
While these strawberry chocolates may not be the gourmet chocolates from the shop, these are equally delicious, and MUCH easier to make. These are perfect for edible gift-giving over the holiday season!
Tips & Variations
Melting chocolate. For this recipe, you do need to melt chocolate using a double boiler. If you’ve never done so, check out my guide here.
Make Fancy lines on the chocolate. After dipping them you can make them look fancy. If you would like the lines on top you place the edge of the fork onto the top of the chocolate three times.
Chocolate Drizzle. You can drizzle white chocolate, milk chocolate or dark chocolate on top. You can also use colored candy melts to drizzle colors on top if you are making them for a specific holiday.
Can I Make These In Other Flavors?
While I fell in love with strawberry and dark chocolate, yes you can easily make these in other flavors! Raspberry frosting and dark chocolate would be another delicious combination. Or for an extra decadent treat, make the filling with dark chocolate frosting!
How to Store homemade chocolates
These homemade strawberry chocolates should be stored in the fridge, in an airtight container. If you need to layer them, be sure to put parchment paper between the layers. These will last in the fridge for up to a week.
How to give as a gift
I like to package them in cute little boxes or bags and give them as gifts because they last so well!
Strawberry Cream Chocolates Ingredients
- Strawberry frosting
- white chocolate chips
- dark chocolate or milk chocolate
Strawberry Cream Chocolates Directions
Prepare a 9×9 pan by spray lightly with cooking spray and place a piece of parchment paper in the pan with extra hanging out so you can pull it out of the pan.
Over a double boiler or in the microwave, melt your white chocolate chips.
When chips are melted, remove from heat and stir in your strawberry frosting.
Spread in your prepared pan and place in fridge to set for 30 minutes. You can stick them in for longer, you want the strawberry filling to be hard.
Remove from the pan and cut into one inch squares.
Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
Using a fork, dip the filling into the chocolates and tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to get off extra chocolate.
Place the chocolate on to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and let the chocolate set up.
Drizzle with chocolate or using a fork while the chocolate is still warm make marks on the chocolate.
- Biscuit Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Muffins
- Strawberry White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Strawberry Skillet Cake
- Strawberry Poke Cake
Strawberry Cream Chocolates
- 1 16 oz can of strawberry frosting
- 1 12 oz bag of white chocolate chips
- 1 12 oz bag of dipping dark or milk chocolate
- Prepare a 9×9 pan by spray lightly with cooking spray and place a piece of parchment paper in the pan with extra hanging out so you can pull it out of the pan.
- Over a double boiler or in the microwave, melt your white chocolate chips. When chips are melted, remove from heat and stir in your strawberry frosting.
- Spread in your prepared pan and place in fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cut into one inch squares.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Using a fork, dip the filling into the chocolates and tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to get off extra chocolate.
- Place the chocolate on to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and let the chocolate set up.