If you are looking for an awesome summer time treat, these frozen chocolate covered bananas are one of our favorites recently. Frozen chocolate covered bananas are so easy to make and they make an awesome summertime treat!
Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas
I hadn’t heard of frozen chocolate covered bananas until I saw them at our local zoo. Then I saw them at edible arrangements and then I saw the dole chocolate covered bananas in the grocery store. I then realized they must be a tasty thing.
So I had to try them all, oh my gosh they are soo good! However I am not going to go to the zoo or the store just to get a chocolate covered banana. So I figured out how to make them at home and it is so simple!
These taste just like edible arrangements chocolate covered bananas as long as you use a quality chocolate when making this chocolate covered bananas recipe. My favorite one to use is Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark melting wafers.
Love Sweet treats? Check out these tasty Recipes!
- Ice Cream Cupcakes
- Easy Ice Cream Cake
- Homemade vanilla cupcakes
- Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Shortbread cookie ice cream sandwiches
Easy Summer treat!
What is great about these frozen chocolate covered bananas is that in the summer time they don’t melt as quickly as an ice pop or ice cream. The banana already has a naturally sweet taste to it if they are allowed to ripen fully. The banana also has a really smooth texture even after it’s frozen.
When making frozen bananas the chopsticks from Chinese take-out meals make the best sticks for these but if not you can just use classic popsicle sticks.
You are going to need to melt your chocolate, so be sure to read how to properly melt your chocolate using the double boiler method. You don’t want to ruin your chocolate!
If you looking for another tasty frozen banana treat check out this yummy chocolate peanut butter banana ice cream.
Frozen Chocolate Bananas Ingredients
- melting chocolate wafers
- coconut oil
- sprinkles (optional)
How to make Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut your bananas in half and stick the popsicle stick half way through the banana.
Place your banana onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Set in your freezer for an hour.
Melt your chocolate over a double boiler. Stir in your coconut oil until it’s melted.
Pour your chocolate into a tall glass.
Dip your banana into the chocolate so it’s evenly coated. Place them back onto the parchment lined sheet pan. If you are using sprinkles you may add them at this time.
Place them back in the freezer for 2-3 hours, then enjoy!
Looking for more summer treats? Check these out!
- Chocolate dipped Shortbread Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Watermelon Juice
- Oreo Milkshake
- Fruit Pizza
Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas
- 3 bananas
- ½ cup melting chocolate chips or melting wafers, semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- sprinkles optional
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut your bananas in half and stick the popsicle stick half way through the banana.
- Place your banana onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Set in your freezer for an hour.
- Melt your chocolate over a double boiler. Stir in your coconut oil until it's melted.
- Pour your chocolate into a tall glass.
- Dip your banana into the chocolate so it's evenly coated. Place them back onto the parchment lined sheet pan. If you are using sprinkles you may add them at this time.
- Place them back in the freezer for 2-3 hours, then enjoy!
Depending on the brand of chocolate that you use for these you can get them as low as 5 Weight Watchers Smart Points per Banana pop! You will want to use a dark chocolate for these to get to the lowest amount of points. One of the chocolates that I like to use to stick with Weight Watchers is Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips. It is only 2 points for 60 Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips!
Looking for more awesome recipes? Check these out!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Leave A Reply!