If you are looking for the most amazing easiest Ice Cream Cake Recipe ever, then look no further then this recipe.
I have a confession to make…. I am an Ice cream cake FANATIC! I have loved ice cream cakes since I was a little kid. My family always laughed at me when I was younger i never wanted a regular cake. For any occasion I had I only wanted an ice cream cake. There were a few rare times where I asked for a cookie cake. They got quite the laugh when I told them I wanted to be a cake decorator.
Ice Cream Cake Recipe
When you follow these easy steps for how to make ice cream cake you are going to be making ice cream cakes all summer long! It is so simple you are going to be making them more then you make ice cream sundaes!
My absolute favorite part of any ice cream cakes is the amazing cookie crunch that is between the layers. I could totally eat it by itself, and sometimes make extra just so I can. I am also the one who puts a TON of cookie crunch in between my ice cream cake layers.
For this homemade ice cream cake, you can use any flavor ice cream that you want to. The only thing you need to make sure of when you make this cake is that you are using ice cream that is in a round container.
For the ice cream cake toppings, you can pick whatever candy you want to that will go with the ice cream flavor you choose. When I use chocolate ice cream my go to is peanut butter cups.
If I am using a fruity flavor ice cream I will normally put sprinkles on it, or a fruity candy. This ice cream cake works perfect for a Unicorn party too! Use a bright colored ice cream and then make the Unicorn Poop cupcakes and you have an awesome Unicorn party!
What is great about this recipe is that you can change it up to whatever flavors you want! They make a few different varieties of magic shell that you can use with your oreos for the filling. Plus you can change up the oreos that you use as well. So if you are making a fruit flavored ice cream cake then you can use the vanilla oreos with a magic shell that would match flavor wise.
To get the spiked look for the frosting when making this easy ice cream cake just let the tip of your spatula touch the cool whip and pull it off. It is super simple! You can also just spread the cool whip on top of the cake if you want to. I prefer to make things fancy. 😉
How to Make a Homemade Ice Cream Cake
Ice Cream Cake Recipe
Ice Cream Cake Recipe. This easy ice cream cake recipe is always a hit when I make it. Customize this ice cream cake with any flavor ice cream and toppings you want.
- Take a serrated knife and cut the ice cream container into four equal parts.
- You will have one quarter left over. Place the layers into the freezer to set up.
- In the mean time you can start making the cookie crumble.
- Grind up the Oreos into small pieces.
- Pour the bottle of Magic Shell into the Oreo crumbs and stir until combined.
- Take one layer of ice cream and spread you desired about of cookie crunch on top. Repeat till you have reach the top.
- Smooth out the side of the cakes with a spatula or a knife.
- Take the cool whip and frost the cake.
- To get the spike look just let the tip of your spatula touch the cool whip and pull it off.
- Chop up the candy and sprinkle on top.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here