Ice Cream Cupcakes! The perfect Ice cream dessert for a party, graduation or just because. Using your favorite Ice Cream, melted chocolate, whipped cream, sprinkles and cherries, you can make a super cute dessert that everyone will love. This is the perfect no bake cupcake recipe because it is made with something everyone loves!
Normally for graduations I make graduation cupcakes, but this year I wanted to change things up a bit and make a fun ice cream treat instead.
These cupcakes were a huge hit with all of my kids friends. It was so worth the little bit of extra work it took to make this fun ice cream treat and they looked amazing all set out at the party.
Looking for more Ice Cream recipes? Check these out!
- Chocolate Banana Ice cream
- Caramel Milkshake
- Shamrock Shake
- Shortbread Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
Tips for Making this recipe
You are going to want to start making these ice cream cupcakes ahead of time, I prefer the night before but you could start a day or 2 in advanced. You need to give the ice cream enough time to get hard in the chocolate shell. Right before you are going to serve them is when you will want to decorate them with the ice cream cupcake frosting, sprinkles and cherries.
You do not want to put the toppings and whipped cream on the ice cream cupcakes before serving because once it starts to freeze, is gets droopy and they will not be pretty cupcakes.
An important step in making this ice cream dessert recipe is melting the chocolate. You are going to be making chocolate cups to put the ice cream in. You do not want to melt your chocolate in a microwave, you want to melt chocolate with a double boiler. Don’t worry it is really easy to do!
When making this easy ice cream dessert you are going to also need hot fudge, now you can buy a jar of it or you can make the homemade hot fudge sauce. I personally prefer going homemade, it just tastes so much better. But if you are short on time using jarred hot fudge is not going to ruin them.
Supplies needed for Ice Cream Cupcakes
Ice Cream Cupcakes Ingredients
- melting chocolate – dark chocolate or milk chocolate
- ice cream in flavor of choice
- hot fudge
- Canned whipped cream or homemade whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
How to Make Ice Cream Cupcakes
Line the cupcake pan with the cupcake wrappers.
Melt your chocolate over your double boiler.
Using your pastry brush paint the chocolate to coat the insides of the cupcake wrappers.
Place the cupcake pan in the freezer until the chocolate has set.
Carefully peel the wrappers away from the chocolate cups.
Scoop the ice cream into the chocolate cups so they are almost filled.
Top the ice cream with one tablespoon of hot fudge.
Place the cupcakes in the freezer until the ice cream is hard again.
Top each cupcake with whipped cream. Sprinkle the sprinkles over the whipped cream and top each cupcake with a cherry on top.
Looking for more tasty desserts? Check these out!
Ice Cream Cupcakes
- Line your cupcake pan with the cupcake wrappers.
- Melt your chocolate over your double boiler.
- Using your pastry brush paint the chocolate to coat the insides of the cupcake wrappers.
- Place the cupcake pan in the freezer until the chocolate has set.
- Carefully peel the wrappers away from the chocolate cups.
- Scoop the ice cream into the chocolate cups so they are almost filled.
- Top the ice cream with one tablespoon of hot fudge.
- Place the cupcakes in the freezer until the ice cream is hard again.
- Top each cupcake with whipped cream. Sprinkle the sprinkles over the whipped cream and top each cupcake with a cherry on top.
17 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving on the Freestyle Program
When you are doing your cooking, to make life easier make sure you grab the awesome printable for how many cups in a quart, and it also includes all other liquid measurements like how many cups in a pint and more!
More Recipes you will love