Ice Cream cupcakes. Easy to make chocolate shell filled with your favorite ice cream, topped with hot fudge, whipped cream and sprinkles. The perfect summer time dessert!
Ice Cream Cupcakes
Ice Cream Cupcakes! The perfect Ice cream dessert for a party, graduation or just because. Using your favorite Ice Cream, melted chocolate, whipped cream, sprinkles and cherries, you can make a super cute dessert that everyone will love. This is the perfect no bake cupcake recipe because it is made with something everyone loves!
These cupcakes were a huge hit with all of my kids friends. It was so worth the little bit of extra work it took to make this fun ice cream treat and they looked amazing all set out at the party.
Looking for more Ice Cream recipes? Check these out!
- Chocolate Banana Ice cream
- Caramel Milkshake
- Shamrock Shake
- Shortbread Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
Tips for Making this recipe
Plan ahead. You are going to want to start making these ice cream cupcakes ahead of time, I prefer the night before but you could start a day or 2 in advance. You need to give the ice cream enough time to get hard in the chocolate shell. Right before you are going to serve them is when you will want to decorate them with the ice cream cupcake frosting, sprinkles, and cherries.
Serving. You do not want to put the toppings and whipped cream on the ice cream cupcakes before serving because once it starts to freeze, is gets droopy and they will not be pretty cupcakes.
Melting Chocolate. An important step in making this ice cream dessert recipe is melting the chocolate. You are going to be making chocolate cups to put the ice cream in. You do not want to melt your chocolate in a microwave, you want to melt chocolate with a double boiler. Don’t worry it is really easy to do!
Quality chocolate. When making the chocolate cups you are also going to want to make sure you are using a good chocolate. You can use milk chocolate or dark chocolate, whichever you prefer to make your chocolate cups.
Homemade hot fudge. When making this easy ice cream dessert you are going to also need hot fudge, now you can buy a jar of it or you can make the homemade hot fudge sauce. I personally prefer going homemade, it just tastes so much better. But if you are short on time using jarred hot fudge is not going to ruin them.
Variations of this Recipe
Change up the ice cream flavor. You can change things up when it comes to the flavors of ice cream that you use. I used vanilla Ice cream but you can totally make these ice cream cupcakes with many other flavors of ice cream.
Change out the chocolate shell type. You can also change out what type of chocolate you use for the shell.
- Dark Chocolate Shell. The best flavors of ice cream to use with dark chocolate are chocolate, vanilla, cookies and cream, and cookie dough ice cream.
- Milk chocolate shell. Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, cookies and cream, peanut butter ice cream are great flavors to use if you are using a milk chocolate shell.
- White Chocolate Shell. Vanilla, strawberry, blueberry, cheesecake, or peanut butter ice cream.
Change out the toppings. I used hot fudge but you can use caramel sauce or strawberry syrup too depending on the flavor ice cream you pick to use. You can also change out the sprinkles that you use to make them themed for any holiday.
Ice Cream Cupcakes Supplies
Ice Cream Cupcakes Ingredients
- Ice cream
- hot fudge
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
How to Make Ice Cream Cupcakes
Line the cupcake pan with the cupcake wrappers.
Melt your chocolate over your double boiler.
Using your pastry brush paint the chocolate to coat the insides of the cupcake wrappers.
Place the cupcake pan in the freezer until the chocolate has set.
Carefully peel the wrappers away from the chocolate cups.
Scoop the ice cream into the chocolate cups so they are almost filled.
Top the ice cream with one tablespoon of hot fudge.
Place the cupcakes in the freezer until the ice cream is hard again.
Top each cupcake with whipped cream. Sprinkle the sprinkles over the whipped cream and top each cupcake with a cherry on top.
Looking for more tasty desserts? Check these out!
Ice Cream Cupcakes
- 8 ounces melting chocolate milk or dark chocolate
- 1 pint ice cream
- 1/3 cup hot fudge
- 1 can whipped cream
- 10 Maraschino cherries
- Line your cupcake pan with the cupcake wrappers.
- Melt your chocolate over your double boiler.
- Using your pastry brush paint the chocolate to coat the insides of the cupcake wrappers.
- Place the cupcake pan in the freezer until the chocolate has set.
- Carefully peel the wrappers away from the chocolate cups.
- Scoop the ice cream into the chocolate cups so they are almost filled.
- Top the ice cream with one tablespoon of hot fudge.
- Place the cupcakes in the freezer until the ice cream is hard again.
- Top each cupcake with whipped cream. Sprinkle the sprinkles over the whipped cream and top each cupcake with a cherry on top.
17 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving on the Freestyle Program
When you are doing your cooking, to make life easier make sure you grab the awesome printable for how many cups in a quart, and it also includes all other liquid measurements like how many cups in a pint and more!
More Recipes you will love
Leave A Reply!