Did you buy to many strawberries because they were on sale and you are trying to figure out How to Freeze Strawberries so you can use them later? If so then you are in luck! Freezing strawberries is easy to do, and then you can pull them out of the freezer as you need them easily!
How to freeze strawberries
It is strawberry season and few things are better then taking my kids with me to the strawberry patch to pick some berries. Then coming home to enjoy the sweet and juicy taste of fresh picked strawberries. Or I find an amazing deal on them at the store and I stock up. I know we will use them both fresh and frozen so it makes for a great way for me to save money.
We keep strawberries, both fresh and frozen on hand at all times because we like them all year round in smoothies, muffins and other things.
If we have an abundance of strawberries then we freeze them, it is SUPER easy to do. Not only does it mean I have them on hand for later, but it also keeps them from going bad and us having to throw them away.
Looking for Strawberry recipes? Check these out!
- Homemade Strawberry cupcakes
- Strawberry Buttercream frosting
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes
- Strawberry Salsa
- Spinach Strawberry Salsa
What to Make with Frozen Strawberries
If you have frozen strawberries you are wondering what to use for there are many recipes that you can use frozen strawberries in.
- Homemade Pancakes
- Homemade Waffles
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Chocolate Strawberry smoothie
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Baking sheet (i use a metal one)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Freezer bags
Ingredients for Freezing Strawberries
- Fresh Strawberries
How to Freeze strawberries
Rinse strawberries well and cut off the leaves and stems.
Spray non stick spray on your baking sheet.
Lay strawberries on the baking sheet in a single layer and put baking sheet into the freezer.
Leave the baking sheets in the freezer for about 3 hours. Once berries are frozen solid remove baking sheet.
Label freezer bags with dates and remove the berries from the baking sheet and place into freezer bags.
Put the freezer bag into freezer.
Looking for more things to stock in your Freezer? Check these out!
- How to Freeze Rice
- How to Freeze Green beans
- Freezer Crockpot Meals
- How to Freeze Homemade Applesauce
- How to Freeze Blueberries
How to Freeze Strawberries
- Fresh Strawberries
- Rinse strawberries well and cut off the leaves and stems.
- Spray non stick spray on your baking sheet.
- Lay strawberries on the baking sheet in a single layer and put baking sheet into the freezer.
- Leave the strawberries in the freezer for about 3 hours. Once strawberries are frozen solid remove baking sheet.
- Label freezer bags with dates and remove the strawberries from the baking sheet and place into freezer bags.
- Put the freezer bag into freezer.
Looking for more kitchen tips check these out!
- How to make a pie crust with a food processor
- Printable Liquid Measurement Cheat Sheet
- How to Melt Chocolate in a double boiler
- Homemade pie crust
- How to Make Fruits and Veggies last longer
- How Many Cups in a Quart + In a gallon, pint & More!