Looking for a delicious fruit salsa recipe? This Strawberry Fruit Salsa Recipe with Raspberries is made with fresh ingredients that the whole family will love. This sweet salsa is not only pretty with vibrant colors but also tastes delicious too! Our favorite way to enjoy this fresh fruit salsa dip recipe is with Cinnamon Sugar Chips.
Strawberry Fruit Salsa Recipe with Raspberries
My kids can never seem to have enough of their favorite fruits, but sometimes they want me to change things up instead of eating them by themselves. This easy fruit salsa recipe has been a family favorite for years and I am excited to share it with you. Made with fresh strawberries, fresh raspberries, and jam this sweet fruit salsa is our favorite to enjoy with homemade cinnamon chips!
Fruit salsa is not like your typical salsa recipe as there are no savory flavors. This simple fruit salsa recipe is loaded with sweetness that comes from the fresh fruit and it makes for the perfect healthy dessert recipe.
This fruity dessert is perfect for summer parties, baby showers, bridal showers, and as a side dish for dinner when you are having a summer cookout or just because you want a tasty and healthy snack or dessert. This easy recipe is full of flavors the whole family will love. While we mostly enjoy this recipe during the summer it is perfect for any time of year.
Strawberry salsa has the right amount of sweetness that comes from the fruit without any added sugar making this the perfect snack for kids after school and for anyone wanting a healthy dessert.
What is Fruit Salsa?
Fruit salsa is a popular dish during the summer months, as it is light, refreshing, and healthy. The combination of fruits chopped into small pieces come together for a delicious recipe that resembles traditional salsa, but instead of being savory is sweet.
It is also a great way to incorporate more fruits into your diet. Strawberry Fruit Salsa is a dish with small diced fruit that has a little bit of juice from a lemon, which brings the whole thing together. It can be considered a sweet fruit salad that is in dip form. Instead of using a fork to enjoy it, cinnamon chips or graham crackers as the vehicle to enjoy it.
Tips for Making this Recipe
- Choose ripe raspberries and strawberries. Having ripe fruit will give this homemade salsa with fruit the best flavor and will give you the best results when making this recipe. Look for berries that are bright red, plump, and fragrant.
- Use a sharp knife. To chop the strawberries into small, even pieces it will be much easier if you use a sharp knife. This will ensure that each bite of salsa has a balanced mix of flavors.
- Chill before serving. Let the salsa chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. This will give the flavors a chance to meld together and intensify.
How To Serve Fruit Salsa
As a dip. We always make homemade cinnamon chips when we are going to enjoy this fruity salsa recipe.
On top of Ice Cream. A scoop of vanilla ice cream topped with this salsa is a perfect summer dessert.
With Angel Food Cake. If you have angel food cake, skip the traditional whipped cream and strawberries on top and serve it with this
How to Store Strawberry Salsa
If you have any leftovers store them in an airtight container and in the fridge. Strawberry salsa will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days, although if your house is like mine you won’t have any leftovers.
Can You Freeze Strawberry Salsa Dessert?
All of the ingredients in this strawberry salsa recipe will freeze well. To freeze, transfer the salsa to a freezer-safe container, leaving about ½ inch of space at the top for expansion. Label the container with the date and freeze for up to 3 months.
Are there any other ways to use this recipe?
While strawberry is great as a dessert and a snack, it can also be used as part of a main dish. This fruit salsa pairs great with grilled chicken, shrimp, or pork chops. After grilling the meat top it with this fruit salsa recipe for a delicious main dish.
Strawberry Fruit Salsa Recipe with Raspberries Ingredients
- lemon – you will need it for lemon juice and lemon zest
- strawberry jam or raspberry jam (you can also use fruit preserves)
- mozzarella cheese (optional)
How to Make Strawberry Fruit Salsa Recipe with Raspberries
Wash the strawberries and the raspberries. Remove the stems from the strawberries.
Chop the strawberries and raspberries into small pieces and set aside
Then chop the mozzarella cheese into small chunks.
In a large bowl add the jam, lemon zest, and lemon juice and mix well with a whisk.
Next, add in the strawberries, raspberries, and mozzarella cheese and mix everything gently until everything is combined.
Chill for 30 minutes and then serve.
- Blueberry and Strawberry Lasagna
- Strawberry Skillet bread
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- Easy Fruit Salad
- Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
- Strawberry Lasagna
Strawberry Fruit Salsa with raspberries Recipe
- 2 cups strawberries chopped
- 1 cup raspberries chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon zest optional
- 4 Tablespoons strawberry or raspberry jam
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup mozzarella chopped or shredded
- Wash and chop your strawberries.
- Wash and cut your raspberries in half
- Chop your mozzarella in a large bowl mix the jam, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Add strawberries, raspberries, and mozzarella
- Mix until everything is mixed well.
Lower the Carbs by using Polaner Sugar-Free Strawberry Preserves – which will make this Dessert Salsa just 8g carbs per serving. (6g net carbs). Serving size is 1/2 cup.
4 Weight Watchers SmartPoints on the Freestyle program
Do yourself a favor and print out the How Many Cups in a Pint and other liquid measurements printable to help you with your measurements in the kitchen! I have mine hanging on my fridge. It makes a super easy cheat sheet for whenever I am cooking and need to use liquid measurements.