Are you looking for an amazing peanut butter cookie? If so then these Peanut Butter Blossom cookies are perfect! I like to make them for Christmas time, however any time is the perfect time for these cookies. These Peanut Butter Blossom cookies are a very simple cookie but the combination of peanut butter and chocolate are amazing!
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- milk chocolate kisses
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the shortening and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium speed 30 seconds.
- Add the 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping the sides of bowl.
- Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla until combined. Slowly stir in the flour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are lightly browned.
- Immediately press a chocolate kiss into each cookie’s center. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool.
We have a lot of tasty Christmas cookie recipes, so make sure you check out the 12 days of Christmas cookies and the Best Christmas Cookie Recipes. Looking for more Christmas fun? Check out these Christmas Treats kids will love and Fun Kids Christmas crafts!
More Tasty Christmas Treats
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here