If you are looking for an easy thumbprint cookie recipe then you are in luck! These Blueberry thumbprint cookies are so easy to make!
If you are looking for a super tasty thumbprint cookies with icing then you are going to love these blueberry thumbprint cookies. They not only look amazing but they are so tasty too!
Thumbprint cookies are a great cookie to make during the holidays, we are fans of thumbprint cookies because they are an easy to make holiday cookie and you can change up the filling so easily! A few of our favorite thumbprint cookies, aside from these blueberry thumbprint cookies are raspberry thumbprint cookies, S’mores thumbprint cookies and peanut butter chocolate chip thumbprint cookies.
These thumbprint cookies are really great to make with the kids. My kids love getting to help with them because they get to stick their thumbs into the cookie dough! I don’t know what it is about kids and being able to play with their food, but mine like anything that means getting their hands dirty and having fun when we are in the kitchen.
If you have anyone with an egg allergy, and you are looking for an awesome cookie to make them, these are perfect! these easy thumbprint cookies have no eggs at all!
When you are making these thumbprint cookies, you want to make sure your butter is soft but not melted. You want the butter to be soft enough that you can press on it but not soft enough that you can squeeze it in your hands.
You also want to make sure when you are making the dough, that you only beat it enough that it forms a dough when you add the flour in. It will be a bit crumbly but you want to make sure that you are not over mixing the dough.
I like to make these thumbprint cookies on the smaller side, with a bigger thumbprint that has room for more filling. But you do have to make sure that your thumbprint is deep enough in the cookie so the width of the cookie is not to thin that is spreads a lot when they are baking.
You can opt out of adding the frosting drizzle on the top of the cookies if you want to, but we like to add that fancy little drizzle at the end. It makes them look pretty and adds a a bit more sweetness to the cookie!
How to make Blueberry Thumbprint Cookies
Blueberry thumbprint cookies
- Heat oven to 375.
- In your stand mixer cream butter and sugar, just until they are both blended together.
- Then slowly add in the flour - your dough will look crumbly, do NOT over mix the dough.
- Once the dough is made chill for 5-10 minutes in the fridge.
- Once dough is chilled, remove from fridge and roll into balls with your hand about an inch or so big.
- Then use your thumb to press the center down. You want the center to be deeper then wider so you can fill them with blueberry filling.
- Add a scoop of blueberry pie filling to the center to fill the whole completely. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Once cookies are cooled mix powdered sugar and milk - start with 1 teaspoon and add more as needed to make your glaze.
Looking for more cookie recipes? Check out these tasty cookies!
No Spread Sugar Cookie Recipe
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here