When making my cupcakes I have my go to flavors, Chocolate cupcakes, vanilla cupcakes and strawberry cupcakes. This is my go to Chocolate Cupcake Recipe. It is the best one I have ever come up with and it is the chocolate cupcake recipe that everyone tells me tastes just like it came from a bakery. I am a big fan of everything that comes from a bakery and really need all of my baked goods to taste as such. This easy chocolate cupcake recipe I am sure will become your favorite too!
This cupcake recipe goes awesome with lots of my cupcake creations, including:
Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
Makes 24 Chocolate cupcakes
Chocolate Cupcake Recipe Ingredients:
- 1½ cups hot brewed coffee
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 12 tbsp. room temperature unsalted butter
- 1½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
Chocolate Cupcake Recipe Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
- Put paper liners in your cupcake pans or you can use silicone, which ever ones you prefer.
- In a bowl whisk together the hot brewed coffee and cocoa, until dissolved and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In the bowl place the butter and sugars. Beat on medium-high speed of your mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time. Mix in the vanilla.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients in three additions alternating with the coffee-cocoa mixture, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Mix each addition just until incorporated, being careful not to over mix.
- Divide the batter between the prepared liners, filling each about two-thirds of the way full.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pans briefly, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here