Are you looking for the perfect Frozen Cupcake? Then you are going to love this snowball cupcake that was inspired by the Frozen movie! This easy to make cupcake recipes is the perfect cupcake for any Frozen Movie Fan!
It doesn’t matter how many years it has been since the original Frozen movie came out that the love for the movie still holds true in our house. I originally posted this Frozen Movie Cupcake in 2014 and with the new Frozen 2 movie about to come out I thought it was the perfect time to update the photos.
Let us all be upfront with ourselves, the new Frozen movie is bound to have kids singing the songs for years and wanting to have special Frozen movie treats just like the original did. Just bookmark all the Frozen movie treats now because you will be needing them soon!
Looking for more Frozen Movie treats? Check these out!
- Frozen Inspired Sugar Cookie pancakes
- Disney Frozen Movie Chocolate Oreos Pops
- Frozen Rice Krispies
- Swirls Sugar Cookies Inspired by the Frozen Movie
- Disney Frozen Inspired Blue Chocolate Cover Pretzels
- Frozen Muddy Buddies
Super Easy Disney Cupcakes!
These Frozen cupcakes are so easy to make and the kids will love them! All you need is your favorite cupcake flavor, homemade buttercream, sweetened shredded coconut, Sanding sugar and Frozen Snowflake sprinkles!
Note, if you do not like coconut you can skip it and just use a lot of the sanding sugar instead. I do not recommended regular sugar because it starts to melt (like Olaf in the summer) once it gets wet with the frosting.
If you are running short on time, use the recipe for how to make a boxed cake taste homemade. If you are wanting to have homemade cupcakes, check out these amazing cupcake recipes!
Frozen Cupcakes Frosting
It is important to use white frosting when making these Frozen Snowball coconut cupcakes. You want them to look like a snowball. There are a few different frosting recipes you can use to have white frosting. For the flavor combination, if you are going to use coconut stick with the vanilla buttercream. If you are only going to use sanding sugar on the cupcakes then any flavor will work.
We personally love the following white frosting recipes.
- Almond Buttercream Frosting
- marshmallow buttercream frosting
- Whipped Vanilla Frosting
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
Frozen Cupcakes Ingredients
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- Vanilla buttercream Frosting
- Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- Wilton’s snowflake sprinkles
- Sanding sugar
How to Make Frozen Snowball Cupcakes
Make your cupcakes and allow them to cool completely.
While your cupcakes are cooling make your frosting flavor of choice.
Once cupcakes are fully cooled and the buttercream frosting is done, use a piping bag to pip frosting on to each cupcake.
Next dip the cupcake into the coconut and press it into the buttercream to create a snowball shape.
Sprinkle the top with sanding sugar to make it sparkle and cover the places that do not have coconut.
Add a few snowflake sprinkles into the cupcake randomly.
Vanilla Buttercream Ingredients
Chocolate Cupcake Ingredients
Frozen Cupcakes Topping Ingredients
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup snowflake sprinkles
- 1/2 cup sanding sugar
Vanilla Buttercream Directions
- Place your butter and shortening together in the bowl of your mixer. Mix them together on medium speed until they are nice and creamy.
- Turn the mixer down to the lowest setting and slowly incorporate the powdered sugar into the shortening mixture.
- Once you have added all the powdered sugar in to your mixture, add in the vanilla extract and then the hot water.
- Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed and continue mixing for 10 minutes until light and fluffy.
Chocolate Cupcake Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
- Put paper liners in your cupcake pans or you can use silicone, which ever ones you prefer.
- In a bowl whisk together the hot brewed coffee and cocoa, until dissolved and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In the bowl place the butter and sugars. Beat on medium-high speed of your mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time. Mix in the vanilla.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients in three additions alternating with the coffee-cocoa mixture, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Mix each addition just until incorporated, being careful not to over mix.
- Divide the batter between the prepared liners, filling each about two-thirds of the way full.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pans briefly, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
How to Make Frozen Cupcakes
- Make your cupcakes and allow them to cool completely.
- While cooling make your buttercream frosting.
- Once cupcakes are cooled pipe butter cream frosting on top.
- On a baking sheet pour the coconut and dip the cupcakes into the coconut.
- sprinkle the tops of the cupcakes with sanding sugar and add snowflake sprinkles on top.
Love Disney Cupcakes? Check these out!