Are you a fan of Disney? If so you are going to love these super easy to make Pluto Cupcakes! Now these are the perfect cupcakes for if you are planning on having a Mickey Mouse Club House Party! They are simple to make and they look adorable!
For these homemade Disney cupcakes, you can use your favorite flavor cupcake, I tend to use a vanilla cupcake recipe , but you could make these with strawberry cupcake recipe or chocolate cupcake recipe.
When making these easy Disney cupcakes, you are going to want to stick with homemade buttercream, skip the store bought stuff, homemade is so much better! I always make vanilla buttercream frosting when I am going to be coloring the frosting, but you could also use marshmallow buttercream frosting if you wanted to.
Supplies needed for Pluto Cupcakes
- Piping bag
- Large star tip
- Pizza Cutter
- Rolling pin
- Parchment paper
How to Make Pluto Cupcakes
Pluto Cupcakes Ingredients
How to Decorate Pluto Cupcakes
- Color your buttercream frosting yellow.
- Place your star into your pastry bag and fill it up with your yellow frosting. Pipe a swirl of frosting onto each of your cupcakes.
- Dye some of your fondant black and some red.
- Spread out a small amount of powder sugar onto your work surface. Break the black fondant into 24 small pieces and roll them into 1/3 inch ear shape pieces.
- Break off 12 pieces of black fondant. Roll them into 1/3 inch oval pieces for Pluto nose.
- Break off 12 pieces of red fondant. Roll them into 1/3 inch tongue shaped pieces.
- Press two ears into the sides of the frosting. Press the nose into the front of the cupcake and the tongue right underneath the nose. Repeat with each cupcake.
Looking for more cupcakes? Check these out!
Need more tasty recipes? Check these out!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here