Perfect! Open it up. Quickly! Its the nightmare before Christmas sugar cookies! How jolly are these Jack Skellington Homemade Halloween Sugar Cookies.
How to draw on sugar cookies
To make Jacks face I used these edible markers but you are more than welcome to pipe some black icing on top of the edible marker face to make Jacks face pop.
You will also need royal icing, this royal icing is easy to make. So make sure you make your cookie dough and your royal icing before getting started with these Jack Skellington Homemade Halloween Sugar Cookies.
Go ahead and make these cookies and you will find yourself saying,” Isn’t that wonderful? It couldn’t be more wonderful!” Check out here on how to learn everything you need to know on making sugar cookies. I found this no spread sugar cookie dough is the best one and make perfect sugar cookies!
Jack Skellington Homemade Halloween Sugar Cookies
Jack Skellington Cookies Supplies
- Rolling pin
- Rolling pin bands
- Parchment paper or Silpat
- Sheet pan
- Circle cookie cutter
- Scriber needle or toothpick
- Piping tips
- Pastry bags or squeeze bottles
How to Make Jack Skellington Cookies
Jack Skellington Cookies
- sugar cookies
- royal icing
- black edible marker
- Put half of the freshly made dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll it out to 1/4 inch thick. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Put the rolled dough including the parchment paper, on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for 10 minutes or longer. Your dough will be chilled and ready to cut and bake.
- Repeat with scraps after cutting cookies.
- Bake at 325° F for 10 -15 minutes. Let cool.
- Thin out the icing to be about a 20 second icing.
- Pipe the outline of the circle with a number #4 round tip. Let it dry for 10 minutes.
- Flood the circle in with about 6 second icing.
- Let the icing dry for 24 hours.
- Print of a bunch of examples of jacks face so you can see it in front of you when you draw.
- With your black edible markers carefully draw jacks face onto your cookies.
More Sugar Cookies to Check out:
- Christmas Sugar Cookie Recipes
- Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies
- Zombie Sugar Cookies
- Minion Cookies
- Rainbow Swirl Sugar Cookies
- How to Make Pumpkin Oreo Pops
- Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
More Halloween Recipes to check out:
- 11 Halloween Recipes that kids will love
- Mummy Nutter Butter Cookies
- Jack O Lantern Quesadillas
- Monster Eye Cake Pops
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here