If you are looking for the cutest Halloween cookies ever that everyone will love, then you are going to love these super cute and spooky Halloween Spider Chocolate Chip Cookies! Using melted chocolate chips and homemade chocolate chip cookies these Spider Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect tasty Halloween cookie.
Spider Chocolate Chip Cookies
Halloween Spider cookies
These Halloween Spider cookies are made with one of my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes and then the addition of more chocolate chips makes these Halloween spider cookies one of the best cookies ever for Halloween.
While I would love to be super mom at the moment and have time to make the more in depth Halloween treats like Twinkie Mummies, cookie mummies, Pumpkin Oreo Cookies and Zombie Brain Cookies time is not on my side this year. So we are sticking with easy Halloween treats like these spider cookies, Ghost Cheese Sticks, Jack-o-Lantern Fruit Cups and Jack O Lantern Quesadillas!
I know I can’t win every holiday with the kids as super mom, but at least I can make some really fun and easy treats that they will all love and they still think I am supermom!
How to Make Halloween Spider Cookies
Spider Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 8 ounces granulated sugar 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 pounds chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (kept to the side)
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt together in a medium bowl.
- Beat your butter, brown sugar and sugar together with your mixer on medium speed until light and creamy, about 5 minutes. Add in the eggs and the vanilla just until combined. Turn the speed down to low and carefully add in the flour mixture just until its combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- With a small scoop, scoop out the dough and refrigerate for two hours. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Roll each scooped cookie in your hands so they are round and smooth.
- Place them on a cookie sheet two inches apart. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, just until the edges start turning brown. (They will still look raw in the middle but the remanding heat from the cookie sheet will finish cooking them.) Let them cool on the cookie sheet for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Melt the second half of the chocolate chips for 30 seconds at a time in the microwave making sure to stir in between to prevent the chocolate from burning. Place the chocolate in a ziplock bag and cut off a very small piece of the end of one corner to create a piping bag. Where ever you see a chocolate chip showing on the cookie you will add three lines to two sides to create your spider.
Looking for more Halloween Recipes? Check these out!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here