Halloween Ghost Cupcakes. These easy to make Halloween cupcakes are simple to make and so perfect for Halloween fun! The kids will love these ghost Halloween cupcakes and you will love how easy it is to make a fun Halloween cupcake!
Halloween Ghost Cupcakes
Easy Halloween Cupcakes
I love making fun Halloween treats for the kids. Sometimes I have lots of time and other times I have a limited about of time to make Halloween treats for them. When I am running short on time my go to is cupcakes. They are simple to make and the kids always love them.
Looking for more Halloween cupcakes?? Check these Halloween Cupcakes out!
One of the great things about these easy Halloween cupcakes is that you can use any flavor cupcake you want to. Not sure what flavor cupcakes you want to use? Check out all of our cupcake recipes!
- vanilla cupcakes
- Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes
- Peanut butter cupcakes
- chocolate cupcakes
- blackberry cupcakes
- chocolate chip cupcakes
- strawberry cupcakes
- Angel Food cupcakes
For the frosting you are going to want to use a white frosting. You will be dying some of the frosting black for the eyes and mouth of the ghost, and the body of the ghost will be white. There are a few different frosting recipes that you can use that taste amazing and are perfect for making your ghost bodies.
- Vanilla buttercream frosting
- marshmallow buttercream frosting
- Almond Buttercream Frosting
- Whipped Vanilla Frosting
If you are low carb or keto, you can also enjoy these fun halloween cupcakes. You will want to use either sugar free vanilla cupcakes or keto chocolate cupcakes and sugar-free buttercream frosting.
Supplies Needed to make Ghost Cupcakes
- Large round pastry tip
- Small round pastry tip
- Pastry Bag
Ghost Cupcake Ingredients
- 12 cupcakes
How to Make a Ghost with Frosting
If you have never decorated cupcakes, be sure to check out these posts to help you. I promise you that it is super easy to have bakery fancy cupcakes made at home in your kitchen! You are going to want to know How to get a perfect cupcake swirl and the Easy Way to Fill a pastry bag.
Bake your flavor choice of cupcakes and let the cupcakes cool completely.
While your cupcakes are cooling, make your choice of frosting. If you are using one of our frosting recipes you will want to make 2 batches of frosting if you want larger ghosts on your cupcakes and 1 batch of frosting if you want smaller ghosts on your cupcakes.
Once you have made your frosting remove 1/2 cup of frosting and mix with black gel food coloring.
Set up your pastry bags and place the large round pastry tip into one of the pastry bags. Fill this pastry bag with the white frosting.
Set up a second pastry bag with the small pastry tip and fill this pastry bag with the black colored frosting.
Pipe a black oval for the mouth and two small circles for the eyes.
Looking for more ghost Halloween treats? Check these out!
Halloween Ghost cupcakes
Bakery Style Vanilla Cupcake Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
Buttercream Frosting Ingredients
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Shortening
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 pounds Confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hot water
How to Make Vanilla Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your cupcake pans with your choose of cupcake wrappers.
- Place your self-rising flour, cake flour, and sugar in the bowl of your mixer. Mix them together for a minute or two until they are well combined.
- Cut your butter into tablespoon pieces. Slowly add your butter into the flour mixture one piece at a time continue mixing until you have reached the texture of sand.
- Pour half of your milk into the flour mixture and mix just until the milk is incorporated. Use your rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of your bowl. Add your remaining milk and the vanilla to your batter and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in one egg at a time to the cake batter, making sure each egg is incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared cupcake pan, filling them 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 10 minutes then rotate the cake pans so the pan that was on the top rack is now on the bottom and the pan that was on the bottom is now on the top rack. Continue to bake for another 10-13 minute until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cupcake.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a cooling rack until they have reached room temperature.
How to make Buttercream Frosting
- I use my kitchenAid mixer when making this easy buttercream frosting, but if you do not have a stand mixer then you can use a hand mixer . Either one will do the job, but I prefer using the stand mixer.
- Making homemade buttercream frosting is SUPER Easy.
- In your mixer’s bowl mix butter and shortening.
- Then add in the confectioners sugar and mix it little bit little until the sugar is incorporated into the butter/shortening mixture.
Assembling Ghost Cupcakes
- While your cupcakes are cooling, make your choice of frosting. If you are using one of our frosting recipes you will want to make 2 batches of frosting if you want larger ghosts on your cupcakes and 1 batch of frosting if you want smaller ghosts on your cupcakes.
- Once you have made your frosting remove 1/2 cup of frosting and mix with black gel food coloring.
- Set up your pastry bags and place the large round pastry tip into one of the pastry bags. Fill this pastry bag with the white frosting.
- Set up a second pastry bag with the small pastry tip and fill this pastry bag with the black colored frosting.
- Pipe a black oval for the mouth and two small circles for the eyes.
49 Weight Watchers Smartpoints per cupcake
More Halloween Fun you will love!
Leave A Reply!