These adorable owl cupcakes are sure to be a woot at your next party or get together! The best part of is just how simple these are to make! They were so easy to make my 4 year old daughter made half of them with me.
You can make them even simpler by using a box of cake mix but I like to use this bakery style cake recipe to doll up the simple box of cake mix or you can make homemade chocolate cupcakes, vanilla cupcakes or strawberry cupcakes.
I always use homemade buttercream frosting when making cupcakes, I am not a fan of the jarred stuff at all. You can make the owls what ever color you would like to match your theme, and these would be great for a Harry Potter themed party.
You are going to want to have a pretty cupcake swirl for these homemade cupcakes, check out How to make a cupcake swirl that looks like amazing on cupcakes.
Owl Cupcakes Ingredients
- 24 Cupcakes (Use chocolate cupcakes, vanilla cupcakes or strawberry cupcakes)
- Buttercream frosting
- Orange, blue and red food dye
- 45 Oreo cookies
- 72 Reese’s Pieces
Owl Cupcakes Directions
- Divide the buttercream into three bowls and dye each batch its separate color. Place your large star into your pastry bag and fill it up with your red frosting. Pipe a swirl of frosting onto 1/3 of your cupcakes. Repeat this with the reminder colors.
- Twist all the cookies apart so you are left with a blank cookie and one that has all the filling on it. Set aside the blank cookies for another project or to eat yourself.
- Press two cookie half’s gently into the top of the frosting next to each other to form the base of its eyes. Repeat with each cupcake.
- Gently press one Reese’s pieces into the white filling on the cookies for the owls eyes. Repeat with each cupcake.
- Place one Reese’s pieces side ways into the frosting just below the eyes for its nose. Repeat with each cupcake.
Looking for more awesome cupcakes? Check out these!
- Boston Cream Cupcakes
- Girl scout Samoas Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
- Dirt Cupcakes
- Salted Caramel Cupcakes
- chocolate covered strawberry cupcakes
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here