These adorable owl cupcakes are sure to be a woot at your next party or get together! The best part of is just how simple these are to make! They were so easy to make my 4 year old daughter made half of them with me.
You can make them even simpler by using a box of cake mix but I like to use this bakery style cake recipe to doll up the simple box of cake mix or you can make homemade chocolate cupcakes, vanilla cupcakes or strawberry cupcakes.
I always use homemade buttercream frosting when making cupcakes, I am not a fan of the jarred stuff at all. You can make the owls what ever color you would like to match your theme, and these would be great for a Harry Potter themed party.
You are going to want to have a pretty cupcake swirl for these homemade cupcakes, check out How to make a cupcake swirl that looks like amazing on cupcakes.
Owl Cupcakes Ingredients
- 24 Cupcakes (Use chocolate cupcakes, vanilla cupcakes or strawberry cupcakes)
- Buttercream frosting
- Orange, blue and red food dye
- 45 Oreo cookies
- 72 Reese’s Pieces
Owl Cupcakes Directions
- Divide the buttercream into three bowls and dye each batch its separate color. Place your large star into your pastry bag and fill it up with your red frosting. Pipe a swirl of frosting onto 1/3 of your cupcakes. Repeat this with the reminder colors.
- Twist all the cookies apart so you are left with a blank cookie and one that has all the filling on it. Set aside the blank cookies for another project or to eat yourself.
- Press two cookie half’s gently into the top of the frosting next to each other to form the base of its eyes. Repeat with each cupcake.
- Gently press one Reese’s pieces into the white filling on the cookies for the owls eyes. Repeat with each cupcake.
- Place one Reese’s pieces side ways into the frosting just below the eyes for its nose. Repeat with each cupcake.
27 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per cupcake
Looking for more awesome cupcakes? Check out these!
- Boston Cream Cupcakes
- Girl scout Samoas Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
- Dirt Cupcakes
- Salted Caramel Cupcakes
- chocolate covered strawberry cupcakes
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.