If you are looking for a light and flavorful cupcake then you are going to love these Angel Food Cupcakes. This Angel Food Cupcake recipe is one of my favorite cupcakes recipes to make during the summer.
Angel Food cake is one of my favorite cakes to eat during the summer. It is light, airy and sweet! I like it topped with the best angel food cake frosting, cool whip!
Angel Food Cupcakes
When you are at a BBQ it makes it easier when things are individual, like cupcakes instead of a cake. So I turned my favorite summer cake recipe into an amazing summer cupcake recipe! Aside from it tasting amazing, you also won’t need to have an angel food cake pan to make them!
Homemade angel food cake is always best topped with cool whip or homemade whipped cream and berries, which these angel food cupcakes cover all the must needed bases!
Sometimes when I want to get a bit fancier with my dessert I make this Strawberry Blueberry Trifle Recipe that is perfect when you use homemade angel food cake.
When making these angel food cake cupcakes you have to be careful that you don’t over mix the batter when you are folding in the flour mixture. If you over mix your angel food cake batter your cupcakes will turn out flat.
How To Make Angel Food Cupcakes
Angel Food CupcakesPin Recipe Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the cupcake pans with the cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl sift together the salt, flour and half of the sugar.
- In the bowl of your mixer whisk together the egg whites, water and vanilla together for 2 minutes on low. Turn the mixer to medium speed and slowly pour in the second half of sugar. Once all the sugar is incorporated turn the mixer up to high and mix until the mixer gets to medium peeks.
- Gently fold in half the flour mixture to the egg white mixer, once the flour is incorporated gently fold in the second half of the flour mixture.
- Scoop the batter into the cupcake pans filling the cups all the way to the top. Bake until golden and spring back when touched, about 18 minutes. Let cupcakes cool completely.
- Place your cool whip into a pastry bag with a large piping tip. Pipe the cool whip onto each cupcake.
- Using a paring knife make little slices in each strawberry but don't cut through the stem, fan out the strawberries so they are flat. place a strawberry on top of each cupcake.
6 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving on the Freestyle Program
Check out these other great Recipes!
Looking for more Summer Recipes? Check these out!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.