Peanut Butter Cupcakes. These peanut butter cupcakes are moist, fluffy and jam packed with peanut butter flavor. These homemade cupcakes are for sure to be a hit with anyone who loves peanut butter!
Recently, I noticed I was missing from our cupcakes recipes was Peanut Butter Cupcakes. How over the years we missed getting this one on the blog I am not sure. But we did, but I am fixing that now! Better late then never is the saying right?
Peanut Butter Cupcakes
I am not sure if you know this or not, but around here we love cupcakes.
Ok, so maybe it is totally obvious since we have blackberry cupcakes, blueberry cupcakes, and strawberry lemonade cupcakes. We also have chocolate chip cupcakes, Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes, plus many other tasty cupcake recipes. We have also shared the traditional go to cupcake recipes like chocolate cupcakes, vanilla cupcakes and strawberry cupcakes.
You can easily turn these cupcakes into peanut butter filled cupcakes by adding a filling after baking them, by using an apple corer to remove about one inch of the center of each cupcake. Then you can put whatever filling you want to in them.
What Frosting goes with PeanutButter Cupcakes?
Most of the time when I am making these cupcakes I use my favorite peanut butter frosting recipe, but there are of course times when I like to change things up a bit. Check out these other frosting recipes that go well with these moist peanutbutter cupcakes.
If you are wanting to up the awesomeness of Peanut Butter and Jelly cupcakes, instead of using a vanilla cupcake, use these. Then use either Blackberry Buttercream Frosting or Strawberry buttercream paired with the peanut butter buttercream and you have one really awesome cupcake!
- Chocolate buttercream frosting
- Monster Cookie dough frosting
- Marshmallow Buttercream
- The BEST Buttercream Frosting (Vanilla Buttercream!)
- Whipped Vanilla Frosting
If you or someone you know, are a big peanut butter fan then you are going to want to make these easy peanut butter cupcakes. Then to make them even more amazing, use peanut butter buttercream and then finish them off by topping them with chopped peanuts. Oh! That flavor combo is a peanut butter lovers dream! If you want to get even more fancy try adding some peanut butter candies like Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups or Reese’s Pieces. They would probably also love this Giant Reese’s Cupcake!
Cupcake Decorating Tips
If you have never decorated cupcakes, be sure to check out these posts to help you. I promise you that it is super easy to have bakery fancy cupcakes made at home in your kitchen!
- How to get a perfect cupcake swirl
- Easy Way to Fill a pastry bag
- How to Swirl multiple Flavors of Frosting
Peanut Butter Cupcakes Ingredients
- self-rising flour.
- cake flour.
- granulated sugar.
- unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- peanut butter.
- vanilla extract. You can use store bought or homemade vanilla extract.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cupcakes
A few tips for making these turn out the best.
- Use smooth peanut butter.
- Make sure your butter is room temperature.
- Be sure you have completely cooled cupcakes before frosting them.
peanut butter cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your cupcake pans with your choice of cupcake wrappers.
- Place your self-rising flour, cake flour, and sugar in the bowl of your mixer. Mix them together for a minute or two until they are well combined.
- Cut your butter into tablespoon pieces. Slowly add your butter into the flour mixture one piece at a time continue mixing until you have reached the texture of sand. Add in the peanut butter and stir until combined.
- Pour half of your milk into the flour mixture and mix just until the milk is incorporated. Use your rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of your bowl. Add your remaining milk and the vanilla to your batter and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in one egg at a time to the cake batter, making sure each egg is incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared cupcake pan, filling them 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 10 minutes then rotate the cake pans so the pan that was on the top rack is now on the bottom and the pan that was on the bottom is now on the top rack. Continue to bake for another 10-13 minute until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cupcake.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a cooling rack until they have reached room temperature.
- Once cool they are ready to be decorated.
20 Weight Watchers Smart Points on the Freestyle Program
Do yourself a favor and print out the How Many Cups in a Gallon? and other liquid measurements printable to help you with your measurements in the kitchen!
It has you covered with everything, from cups, to pints and more! I have mine hanging on my fridge. It makes a super easy cheat sheet for whenever I am cooking and need to use liquid measurements.
More Cupcake Recipes You will Love!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here